Ipod Linux

Havik

http://www.ipodlinux.org/Main_Page

how cool would it be, playing your music on your ipod with the windows media player visualizations, if linux could do it, do you think anybody could get windows to work on it? lol, im sure these newer one's could support it, because you can use them as external hard drives, mines 30gb and im always transfering files between computers with it, haha id love to use paint on the ipod

linux has even got the classic game Doom ported to ipod :o

playing your music on your ipod with the windows media player visualizations
I really don't see why you would want to do it :\

Lots of people really love visualizations. There are communities of visualization lovers that get together and make addons, mods, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
also you can play a bunch of different formats
That would be my main reason for buying an iPod and using this. They are really sexy, but the DRM was just too much for me. So I returned mine to the store.

I would never run Windows on an iPod. It's fine the way it is. If it plays music, I'll keep it. If it causes a BSOD, I'm returning it.

BSOD !! LOOL

too right!!!

if linux could do it, do you think anybody could get windows to work on it? lol, im sure these newer one's could support it, because you can use them as external hard drives

Oh my... what an R tard.

Linux works because Linux's source code is - to a large extent - portable. As in, you can recompile it for many different platforms.

Windows' isn't.

Windows, in its history, has only ever worked on a handful of architectures... x86, Alpha, PowerPC, and in the case of WinCE, MIPS, ARM, and XScale.

Not iPod's CPU architecture.

Unless Microsoft THEMSELVES attempted something like this - which they wouldn't, because it's retarded - it won't happen, just forget it :)