Comprehensive 3rd party patch for Windows released

fdv

Can be downloaded here...

I know, I know, I'm a jacka$$ :whistle:

To make up for it, here is something quick you guys can whip up this weekend.

Pineapple Pie

1 graham cracker ready pie crust

1 lg. can crushed pineapple

1 pt. sour cream

1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding

Mix the crushed pineapple (including juice), sour cream and vanilla instant pudding. Pour into the pie crust and refrigerate until pie sets, approximately 6 hours.

I have to say, this is the ultimate patch... hehe.

I've recently switched over entirely to ubuntu. I tried using Gentoo, but something is up with their 64bit liveCD that prevents my network adapter from functioning at times, and various other weird glitches (involving partitioning and grub installation, of all things).

I'm doing all my hfslip'ing and such from within a vm. It works pretty OK for my use. :D

Edited by jimmsta

How do I slipstream this hotfix? Seriously, I don't see how msft can stay in business with free software like this around. Linux/kubantu/etc has practically every equivalent software out there except for a decent media player. Amarok is ok, but there are far better windows based media players (NOT windows media player) out there.

Seriously, I don't see how msft can stay in business with free software like this around.
They don't see how, either. Thus their anti-competitive tactics that got them convicted.

• 2 months later...
How do I slipstream this hotfix? Seriously, I don't see how msft can stay in business with free software like this around. Linux/kubantu/etc has practically every equivalent software out there except for a decent media player. Amarok is ok, but there are far better windows based media players (NOT windows media player) out there.

Are you going to argue with Wesley Crusher?

"Amarok is much more than just another music player or iTunes clone; in fact, it blows iTunes away. It is Kryptonite to iTunes Superman. It's the Death Star to iTunes' Alderaan." - Wil Wheaton

Just look at the development and redesign for Amarok 2. It is unfairly pretty.

enderandrew - Thanks for the Amarok 2 tip, I haven't been following it for a some time. It looks like Amarok is making good headway now.

I can't wait for KDE 4, Amarok 2 and KOffice 2. Full releases for each should be around October, with betas sometime earlier. Right now unfortunately I don't think KDE 4 is really ready in Alpha state.

I think this hotfix is not supported by HFSLIP xD

BUT you can download de ISO, live try it, and if you like install it in your computer.

In fact I have a dual boot with Kubuntu and it's grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

Sadly I can't go all the way to it, because I'm a gamer and there are lots of games that don't run with the desired performance (or don't run at all) in Kubuntu (yet, I hope). Don't tell me about Cedega or Wine: I'm aware of all this and seriously, there is no worth it (in most of the cases).

But when I have to surf the internet, listen to music, watch movies, check my email, chat with my friends, and make office documents... (K)ubuntu is the choice!!!

Edited by XibaD

Arghhh, (k/x)ubuntu. It's evil.

Just get slackware current: light, fast, stable, customizable to the bone and no silly dependency checking.

You should try audacious. It's light and plays a lot of formats. Pretty much the spirit of foobar2000 on windows.

It depends on libglade and libxml2 (plus gtk2).

Also, vlc/mplayer are excellent media players. ;)

PS: ever tried aaxine? :D

(depends on libaa)

Edited by Camarade_Tux

Thanks for the tips Tux. Slackware and Slax are my favorites so far. I kind of stumbled on a media player program called Songbird yesterday. :thumbup It works on windows machines and on nix. It looks pretty promising and is what I'm looking for, except it doesn't have embedded video playback (I hate pop-open video players). It's still being developed and isn't *fully* mature yet, but it's on the right track.

I've switched back over to Windows. Vista this time. I've been running it for exactly a month, with several services turned off, and a few tweaks of my own. It's a decent OS, if you know how to disable pointless features. Now my only problem is that... oh wait, I don't have any problems. :P It's a good OS, albeit very in-your-face about everything. I think I'll stick with it, especially if they fix the few oddities about it in SP1 (which I feel will have the same differences as SP1 did for Win2k...).

Ubuntu is great, if you are ok with the command line, and aren't afraid of having one simple update completely screw up your installation, to the point where a reinstall will just be easier than resolving various broken dependencies... (distribution upgrades are a pain - they sometimes work fine, but other times, break everything that can be broken).