ryan vm hotfix pack

diablo1

im going to do xp pro... going to slipstream sp2 and add all the other hotfixes... if i add ryans hotfix pack to nlite... what other hotfixes are left then to add to nlite .... im assuming ryans pack doesnt include them all .. what date does the hotfix pack end at? where did he leave off and where do i start at to insert the other hotfixes not in the pack???

thanks

Edited by diablo1

well, usually he is like a month behind..

i believe they are dated..

i used the most recent one, and when i started, i had like 10-15 updates to do.. but a few of them were WMP11 and others that didn't seem to slipstream in properly

so, a good rule of thumb is that it's at most two months behind, so its pretty up to date.

Actually it depends on when you grab the update pack. He usually updates all the MS Update Tuesday fixes pretty quickly

Anything that's missing is available from MS or windizupdate

just add ryan's pack (and the directx and wga addons from his site)

you might find the odd update on WU site, but they'll only be very new ones, no harm in using WU for them

well, usually he is like a month behind..

i believe they are dated..

i used the most recent one, and when i started, i had like 10-15 updates to do.. but a few of them were WMP11 and others that didn't seem to slipstream in properly

so, a good rule of thumb is that it's at most two months behind, so its pretty up to date.

Dude, where are you getting that from? I do my releases usually within a week of a given patch Tuesday :rolleyes:

@OP - If you're using my current April pack, you'll need to install WMP11, IE7, and .NET framework after installing Windows (if you don't directly integrate them with nLite). Windows Update will also report a couple WMP9 security updates that should be installed, but installing WMP11 will take care of those too :).

Edited by RyanVM

thats good to know... i assumed it wasnt updated so much!

on the add-ons i tried several when i did my nlite of windows 2000 and always stopped and froze up at registering components on windows installing with errors 7-zip failed..

when i do the nlite of windows sp2 and add ryans hotfixes what are the some add-on to add to the nlite that are safe?

can i add both addons that end in .cab and .7z

thanks for the updates- R

thanks