Help With C2D Build

3aces

What components do you already have? Do you need a video card, sound card, case, etc, etc? If you just want to go with onboard video and sound and have some components already, we might be able to stretch it within your budget...but it'll to be at the lower end of the Core 2 lineup. Think either an E4300 or an E6300 as the CPU base.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch

the system my friend got came out to be around $800, so 500 could be a stretch..you should wait for the summer for the price drops

i was planning on waiting for the price drops, i am a student i dont have alot of cash lying around to upgrade dramatically.

What components do you already have? Do you need a video card, sound card, case, etc, etc? If you just want to go with onboard video and sound and have some components already, we might be able to stretch it within your budget...but it'll to be at the lower end of the Core 2 lineup. Think either an E4300 or an E6300 as the CPU base

Well i have ATi X1600XT, 400gb SATAII Drives, NEC 7170A, Coolermaster Centerion Case

I have a decent prower supply now, but its a bit on the noisey side when im hittin full loads i mean i brought C&C 3 other day, and everythhing was set to high and it was struggling like crazy my power supply was making more noise than the game :blink:

so if there is any funds left over a power supply would be nice.

Or better, you could wait for Q3 and get a Intel QuadCore Q6600 2.40 GHz 8MB 1066 MHz 266US. newwink.gif

Well personally i dont see the point in buying what you know is an overkill, Quad Core is an over kill for me i wouldnt use it to its full capacity, and to be fair i dont have time to wait, i feel like my sempron system is on its way out its just not doin as good as it used to lol...!

Well i have ATi X1600XT, 400gb SATAII Drives, NEC 7170A, Coolermaster Centerion Case

That helps to know. I'll start out with a C2D E6300...but it's a $50US price difference from the E4300. They're basically the same CPU except the E6300 has a 1066MHz FSB (and whopping 60MHz speed advantage) and the E4300 has an 800MHz FSB. I haven't actually used an E4300 but I've read that they overclock like crazy. Just bumping it up to a 1066 bus will have it running at 2.4GHz, which is faster than the E6300 at stock speeds anyway.

That helps to know. I'll start out with a C2D E6300...but it's a $50US price difference from the E4300. They're basically the same CPU except the E6300 has a 1066MHz FSB (and whopping 60MHz speed advantage) and the E4300 has an 800MHz FSB. I haven't actually used an E4300 but I've read that they overclock like crazy. Just bumping it up to a 1066 bus will have it running at 2.4GHz, which is faster than the E6300 at stock speeds anyway.

Well i plan on OC'ing any chip i get, thats why i was looking to go for the Gigabyte DS3/DS4 board, depending on which one is more stable at high OC speeds.

I can tell you that Gigabyte mobo's are rock solid, have been using them for own pc's for the last few years, none died on me. Good overclocking possibilities too. As for the price, I don't know, I don't live in UK....

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html :)

That's a pretty good deal considering the parts included. Without VAT it comes out to about $582USD. A quick search on NewEgg for the individual parts comes out to about $640ish USD. Once VAT in included the price is about $683USD...but I also know that prices don't necessarily translate between non-US and US vendors so it's not necessarily an entirely valid comparison.

At any rate, that deal gives you all the parts you need and you'd still have some left over for a PSU. A quick search on that site netted a Seasonic S12 500W Silent PSU for £72.84 inc VAT. And you'd still have a bit left over for miscellaneous parts. :)