Windows 2003 Server changes

cat3rn

u need to make your 2003 to be more like winxp ..install dirextx and stuff

check this guide here:

http://win2k3.msfn.org/

some games still wont work ...u will get an error that your OS is not supported ....u will have to change the OS identifier ..or smth ...there are some post on this subject on this forum

Install latest DirectX

...and on the Performance Options - Advance Tab:

Processor Scheduling -> Adjust for best performance of: Programs

Memory Usage -> Adjust for best performance of: Programs

And of course, you must have and installed the latest drivers for your mainboard and sound card.

Win2k3 can't play game although u have installed direct X

I beg to differ... Although there are games that just plain won't run on 2k3, most of them will run just as on XP (whether natively or set up in compatibility mode). Next time please do not affirm something that you didn't try, evaluate or had your hands on ;)

When running games on Win2k3 bear in mind though that the OS doesn't come with the Cinepak video codec (XP does). For example Half Life 2 uses this codec for the opening credits; other games might use it for in-game video sequences or something like that. You can download the codec from the official website at http://www.probo.com/cinepak.htm.

Hey There,

I had to make changes to Server 2003 to let it play games.

Step #1

Install Direct-X

Step #2

Run DXDiag from the "Run" and then go to Video Settings and enable hardware acceleration and make sure everything is enabled

(By default Server disables some direct-X components. I think you have to check audio as well.

Step #3

Go into "Display Properties" and go into "Settings" then "Troubleshoot" and you have to move the slider bar all the way to the right.

Now, you are good to go. You might want to lower your Internet Explorer Security settings.

Other then that you are laughing. I have considered doing the same thing! Let me know how it turns out.