.net 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, directX and IE7 fails to install from CD \:

Lolita

I'am trying to install .net 1.1, sp+1 patches from cd and all fails (bacause of i don't have .net1.1 which of course failed to install)

same with .net 2.0 - no error but it don't appear in add/remove programs

.net 3.0 starts to install but never ends

IE7 just uninstall standard IE6, but don't install itself \:

All installators are extracted.

Im using standard installers from microsoft site, not ryan's and not some builded msis, because i simply don't want it and i think it can work wthouthout it.

I can i also live with it installed from microsoft update files, so if there are some suiteable, post links for it please, i know i'm lame when i can't get it myself, but please be at last nice to me.

BTW i'm stuck with this for about week now, so that is why i'm asking.

All files are where path in runonceex points.

This is my runonceex batch ""generator"" lines with it:

REG ADD %KEY%30 /VE /D "DirectX (9.0c feb2007)" /f
REG ADD %KEY%30 /V 1 /D "\"%cdrom%\install\directx\directx_feb2007_redist\DXSETUP.exe\" /silent" /f

REG ADD %KEY%41 /VE /D ".NET Framework v1.1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%41 /V 1 /D "\"%cdrom%\install\dotnet1.1\netfx.msi\" /qb" /f

REG ADD %KEY%42 /VE /D ".NET Framework v1.1 SP1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%42 /V 1 /D "\"%cdrom%\install\dotnet1.1\NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe\" /Q" /f

REG ADD %KEY%43 /VE /D ".NET Framework v1.1 SP1 HOTFIX KB886903" /f
REG ADD %KEY%43 /V 1 /D "\"%cdrom%\install\dotnet1.1\NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe\" /Q" /f

REG ADD %KEY%44 /VE /D ".Net 2.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%44 /V 1 /D "\"%cdrom%\install\dotnet2.0\dotnetfx2.0\netfx.msi\" /passive /norestart" /f

REG ADD %KEY%50 /VE /D ".Net 2.0 langpack CZ" /f
REG ADD %KEY%50 /V 1 /D "\"%cdrom%\install\dotnet2.0\langpack_dotnet2\langpack.msi\" /passive /norestart" /f

REG ADD %KEY%51 /VE /D ".Net 3.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%51 /V 1 /D "\"%cdrom%\install\dotnet3.0\dotnetfx3setup.exe\" /q /norestart" /f

REG ADD %KEY%70 /VE /D "IE7 (cz)" /f
REG ADD %KEY%70 /V 1 /D "\"%cdrom%\install\ie\IE7-WindowsXP-x86-csy\update\update.exe\" /passive /norestart" /f

Okay, first of all I highly recommend you use the following switchless installers/addons:

RyanVM's DirectX9 addon

RyanVM's AIO dotNET installer or RogueSpear's Runtimes installers/addons

MrNxDmX's IE7 addon

However to begin answering your question, there are some things you should know about the particular things you're trying to install.

First off, the installer for .NET 3.0 includes 2.0. There is no reason to install 2.0 first, and it might even cause problems. .NET 3.0 also includes the hotfixes for 2.0.

Secondly, you -cannot- install .NET 3.0 after .NET 1.1 without a reboot in between. This will fail. However, as recently found by RyanVM, you can safely install .NET 1.1 -after- .NET 3.0, as counter-intuitive as that may be.

There are also several hotfixes available for IE7 that you may want to integrate as well.

Well i downloaded .net 3.0 redist from ms site and it is only 2.8 MB so it don't have .net 2.0.

And as i wrote in my first post i don't want to use ryan VM, because i don't want some more third party tools, just MS so it can be redist or "ms update packages" ... and i don't know direct link to get "ms update packages" for IE7, WMP11, DIRECTX9feb2007, .net 1.1 (with or withouth sp1) and .net 3.0 with .net 2.0 in it ...

If you're talking about having to use the Integrator or nLite then fair enough, but the addons themselves certainly don't contain any third party programs. Try the switchless installers atleast, you can add them to your install in the same way as you're doing now, except that they don't need any switches. No third party programs needed.

Anyway, are you sure that download isn't corrupt or a web-based installer? 2.8 MB is too small for even a standalone .NET 3.0 installer so far as I know.

Edit: Indeed, what you were getting was just the bootstrapper. The full package is here. If you don't want a direct link, look on the page where you got the 2.8 MB one and look at the Instructions. At step 2, it says "To download the full redistributable package, rather than the bootstrapper, click the architecture you need below to start the download:".. the download links are below that.

Edited by Ver Greeneyes

Ok it look like i finaly move on. Thanks :)

Can i install langpack for .net 2.0 if install 3.0 with 2.0 in it?

And realy dumb question - how can i see if it is installed or not? i don't appear int add/remove programs, at last i think it don't.

Edited by Lolita

Glad I could help ^_^

You should be able to install the language pack just fine, but I'll give it a go and see what I come up with.

Edit: You'll want this, I suppose. It shows up in Add or Remove Programs after installation. (as a Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 something. It also installs the 2.0 language pack, which shows up there too)

Edited by Ver Greeneyes

Thanks again :), now it look like i have all my .net issues solved (or will have, when i try install modified installation).

DirectX seem working.

IE7 din't installed because i'm trying to install czech IE on english windows (with mui) - i will need to find solution with this.

So last problem (for now) is WMP11 - im installing it from unpacked setup wmp11-windowsxp-x86-CS-CZ

And there are directories:

umdf

WindowsXP-MSCompPackV1-x86

wmfdist11

wmp11

in evere i exectute /update/update.exe and silent paramters, but i think i don't need to install all of it, do you know wich are only needed to install?

Well, to solve your IE7 problems I suggest you use MrNxDmX's Internet Explorer 7 addon, then install the Internet Explorer 7 MUI Pack. Integrating IE7 is quite difficult so you might not be able to install the MUI silently as it might conflict with the addon. On the other hand, it's just an MUI so it's worth a try.

As for WMP11 I suggest you read this topic as integrating it along with all the hotfixes is rather involving as well. (I also don't know much about it, but I think there are a number of problems Boooggy had to solve before everything worked)

About wmp11

Yes this will do it's work, but as you may allready know i have my ... perversion ... for do it myself from MS things so it will be just OK to install wmp11? File structure in Boooggy_WMP11_Addon.7z and Normaln microsoft installer is different.

BUT i think that if i install wga update before ie7 and wmp11 i will have no problem install ie7 and wmp11 so that my first ULTIMATE (and ideal for me) :) CD will be almost finished.

BTW i'm looking for free antivirus for 'lame' user, i found that would probably be avira or active virus shield. So which one do you recomend? :))

Edited by Lolita

I think you should be alright just installing it, WMP11 isn't a system component (well, it mostly isn't) so there shouldn't be any conflicts. Don't know for sure though.

About virus scanners, my usual reaction to getting a virus is "Oh, hell. Well, it was about time I reformatted anyway.." and often I don't even bother to disinfect my system first. Not that I've gotten a virus more than a handful of times since I got my first computer. I've heard Avast AV is good, and I think that's free. On the other hand I think it also gets quite a few false positives, but I've never looked into it.

Ok now i found that maybe i will need to do everething different way because of patches. :)

But nevermind, do you know if sp1 for .net 1.1 shloud be in add/remove programs or do i need to check file versions?

The 3MB .NET package is a bootstrapper which downloads the files it needs. Get the redist (50MB for x32) if you want the full thing. And yes, .NET 3.0 does include 2.0. And yes, my AIO is the way to go if you're at all interested in the size of your CD.

PS: It's Ryan, not Rayen.

EDIT: Looks I got beat to the bootstapper part. Oh well. BTW, I love it when people refer to my installers as "third party". You realize that all they are are administrative install points of the original MS download, right? But hey, what do I know? :rolleyes:

Edited by RyanVM

I'm not writing that you are dumb or you producing s***y things, nothing like that, i just want to do it myself ...

And i still think that ie. your IE7 must be somehow modified (but what do i know i only experimented a little with ie installation)

BTW now i doing test install with everything in runonceex (BTW .net 1.1 in it is administrative installation with included patches too :) ) and i think ALL together will work now :)

And i now see that it was all bad move because when i want to integrate updates i need it to install it before updates in svcpack.inf \: