Is there any program to record actions

Is there any program to record actions when installing a software and after to replay them...?

I mean when we press next an again next and write the serial number...? I wanna use it to make scripts or even convert that program executable from a standalone one to a self installing {fixed install} one.

I need to know these because if it is, it should become very helpfull to unattended installation's.

It wont record keystokes, but it will automate them. AutoIT. vbscript can also do this.

Jim

Yes I know, but how?. When i write "send" for example "next" {that simulate the keystroke for Next button } command it work but I want to make it to write serial and cd-key etc .... I try to understand the command's that are presented in the help file.After that I wan't to make that program a silent one , i mean to integrate the installation script into itself .

you are better using software like installrite or installshield to monitor the installation and create a silent install. If you use a keystroke program you leave your system vunerable to outside sources.

The software above (installrite is free by the way) will do the entire process for you.

depending on the installer system used, they offer methods to record settings. InnoSetup for example can write the settings to a INI-file, if called with the right switch. For MSIs, you can use Wise InstallTailor, there should still be a free copy float around on the net.

I'd prefer that option to any sort of re-package program, as you never know what decisions the original installer does depending on the actual system.

a good resource is also http://www.uawiki.org

THX ALL!!! You've maded a great job. Until now I'm trying to learn more about InstallRite,it's what i've serched for. Thank's PHKNINJA,thx 10000x , I've never think that is someone who listen me for real and help me so much. THX again and keep that good work.

Later Edit : I almost forgotten. When I tried to enter to the translate's thread presented on the Windows Xp/2000/.. Unattended Guide page It's says that link is missing. I wanna translate that guide into romanian,because after that I wanna post it with the agree of MSFN onto my forum and also at the Unattended Guide Web Page. For those who don't know english {I'm reffering to romanian people who didn't like to learn english}. Do I can make this or not...??? I mean if I may post it on my forum?

cu plãcere :)

(im trying to learn romanian)

I don't see why there would be a problem with you translating the guide, if you kept the original credits on it

Mã bucur!!! = I'm glad .... for you that you're trying to learn romanian. And about translating I think too. And Heck Yes I will keep credentials, what some people think (not you) .. that I'll atributte all to me ...???? No way it's a stupid idea to do not keep the credentials.

Edited by blackmodder