Internet Explorer Hijacked?

DaveXP

i dont know what has happen to my internet explorer but i can only visit 3 sites and it i tpye in the address bar it comes up Action Canceled and then that the top i get Click Here for the old com.org :) and the address i typed goes like http://www.www.goolge.com.org/

does anyone know what has happen to me?

and also to p*** me off even more it removed all the Windows Updates around my computer

I had a user that got the "Trojan.Qhosts"

It changes the DNS server in TCP/IP settings, and makes some changes on the browser, there was also something about google that the trojan changes.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...jan.qhosts.html

So check if your DNS setting has changed, and if it has you might want to run the removal tool from the web site.

If you can not get to www.symantec.com, try reseting the DNS to DHCP in tcp ip settings. (if dhcp is the correct setting for you. If you dont konw, write the current DNS address down before changing)

Or maybe temporary add symantec to your host file

Addresses: 213.244.181.70, 213.244.181.22, 213.244.181.68, 213.244.181.54

213.244.181.14, 213.244.181.63

Aliases: www.symantec.com, www.symantec.d4p.net

Thanks for the advace but its more than that now it seems to had about 7pm to early morning and it cause the computer to shutdown my firewall and NAV and creates loops in folders.

Virus?

Plus the internet almost stops dead on any website it lets me visit.

F30002 DCE BIND to potentially vulnerable RPC DCOM interface attempt detected

Thats is in my firewall log to?

Thats the MS RPC exploit, blaster worm. I get it all the time, don't worry about it. Back to your problem... There was a reghack which allowed you to add .co.uk and other domain suffixes to autocomplee. My only suggestion is that it must be something to do with autocomplete, so try turning it off and see if you still get the problem...

Internet options>content>autocomplete>uncheck all the boxes

Thats the MS RPC exploit, blaster worm. I get it all the time, don't worry about it. Back to your problem... There was a reghack which allowed you to add .co.uk and other domain suffixes to autocomplee. My only suggestion is that it must be something to do with autocomplete, so try turning it off and see if you still get the problem...

Internet options>content>autocomplete>uncheck all the boxes

Thanks for the info but i did a complete format of all My PC's the other day and its fixed.

:)