Mouse Speed Issue

pS-

so now you listen to zxian and not me... zxian has the same exact setup as me.
It's not that I listen to Zxian per se, it's that I listen to facts. I don't care who brings them to the table, but I always base my opinions on the truths at hand. Edited by jcarle

Hello, thanks for the help guys;

When i first plugged the mouse into my USB port, the mouse was already slow. I then went into control panel to increase the speed to the maximum, and it was still slow!

Then, i installed the latest software for it from Microsoft website. The software did not make a difference.

I'm not sure what the DPI of the mouse is, but im sure that's the problem. Since this is a basic mouse, it was probably meant for lower resolution monitors.

I'd suggest getting your hands on the Logitech MX500 series of mice (500, 510, 518). It's a great lineup, and all of them are VERY comfortable.

They're also Logitech... so you just can't go wrong there. ;)

I'd suggest getting your hands on the Logitech MX500 series of mice (500, 510, 518). It's a great lineup, and all of them are VERY comfortable.

They're also Logitech... so you just can't go wrong there. ;)

Plus you get a thumb back AND forward button.

Yea - the lack of a forward button is what put me off of the G5/G7 and why I recommend the MX500 series. Trying to browse the web without a forward button is like trying to ride a unicycle...

Update,

I used it on my old computer, which was a 17 inch monitor and the mouse worked fine.

I came to the conclusion that because of my big a** monitor the mouse doesn't have a high enough DPI value to move that fast.

At least the mouse isn't a total failure :D

Edited by pS-