How To Install

Hi I'm trying to install norton system works 2003 standard

Well I know I should be using /qn as a switch but then it installs everything on the CD. I don't want the unerase and recycle thing?

Is there a tool to choose setup preferences like in office opk tools?

Thanks

symantec's website has some info about customizing included setup.wis file for some other symantec programs but I don't have the file neither the other programs :/

couldn't find anything on their website heLP

You'll find setup files on each folder of the suite, so I assume that if you run, let's say \NU\setup.exe wil only install NortonUtilities and so on. Be aware that most of this installations are InstallShield so use the installshield method

I can't be certain this will work for System Works, but I install Norton AntiVirus 2004 during my Unattended using the following method..

I copied the whole contents of the CD to a folder called NAV2004 and placed this folder in \$OEM$\$1\install\Applications.

I then call the installer from a batch file (.cmd) that executes during the GUI RUN ONCE section of the setup using the following code

CLS
@echo off
ECHO.
ECHO Installing Norton Antivirus 2004
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\NAV2004\navsetup /QB
ECHO.
ECHO Restarting the PC in 1 minute...
shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 1 minute"
EXIT

This method will give you progress boxes, but does not ask for any input from the user and will run it's course and finish on it's own. NOTE after the install finishes, it automatically starts the program and begins the setup and registration process, my work around for this is to install it LAST, then execute the code to reboot the machine as you will see in my code above. The setup and registration screen will appear again once the reboot completes, but the whole install is complete by this time.

A similar method may well work for System Works once you establish the name of the executable responsible for the install.

Good Luck.

ok here is what at did with norton system works 2003 on winxp home

I just wanted to modify the norton utilities so I went to NU folder

found the nu.iss file

opened it up with notepad

deleted everything about unerase wizard, system doctor.

and runned setup.exe /qb

setup didn't ask me any questions, I only see the time remaining bar which I must tell doesn't show the real time it takes:) says 3 seconds but took at least 3 min lol

okay just finished installing the changes I made didn't work

but it did a complete install without asking anything so

/qb works

I had edited logitech's cam driver's ini and just worked fine :rolleyes: only installed the components I wanted...

also it didn't reboot

sorry :D couldn't really help :)

Edited by XtremeMaC