Catch-22 with DefaultHide/FullUnattended & partitioning & comp

I'm trying to create a DVD that can run fully unattended and install the addons listed below.

I'm in a catch-22 from what I've read. I want to be able to hit a key to boot off the CD, walk away for some time, and come back with the installation complete.

The catch-22 I believe I am in is that I don't believe I can set "Unattend.UnattendMode=FullUnattended" because Microsoft's documentation of that line states "During an attended installation, improperly signed hardware drivers generate a warning dialog box. If you use the FullUnattended value, then Setup does not install hardware drivers unless they are properly signed."

I am using Driverpacks.net (all packages) and obviously all of those drivers are not signed. Although I have set "Unattend.NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore" and "Unattend.DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore" by Microsoft's documentation, unsigned drivers would still fail with FullUnattended.

The other half of the catch-22 I believe that I am in, is that by using "Unattend.UnattendMode=DefaultHide", setup still pauses on a hard drive already partitioned and formatted with a previous install to ask me about partition information. I have tried combinations of "Data.AutoPartition=1" & 0 and "Unattend.Repartition=1". I'm assuming (maybe improperly) that it's still stopping since I'm not in FullUnattended mode. (As for AutoPartition 1 & 0, I've read conflicting reports on if using Unattend.Repartition which value to use for AutoPartition. I want it to just nuke whatever's on the drive.)

Furthermore, by using DefaultHide, setup still pauses at "Computer name" even though it has a random computer name filled in per my "UserData.ComputerName=*" line.

SO...

Is there a way I can use FullUnnattend with unsigned drivers? Or can I get DefaultHide to stop pausing for partitioning and computername?

Stage 1 of ISO creation, Addons, using nLite

* RyanVM Update Pack v2.1.9

* RyanVM Update Pack WGA Addon 1.5.723.1

* RyanVM Update Pack WGAN Addon 1.7.18.1.7

* MicrosoftUpdateAgent_2

* MicrosoftDotNet_1.1-2-and-3

* RyanVM DirectX 9.0c Addon v1.33

* JavaSERuntime_6.1

* AdobeAcrobat_8

* AvgFreeAntivirus_7.5.446a991

* Windows Media Player v11 v1.4.6

* IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

Stage 2 of ISO creation, Driverpacks.net*

Run DPs_Base.exe to integrate all of Driverpacks.net drivers

Stage 3 of ISO creation, manually edit I386/WINNT.SIF

* Changes are underlined

[Data]

AutomaticUpdates="Yes"

Autopartition=0

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

MsDosInitiated=No

[unattended]

UnattendMode=DefaultHide

UnattendSwitch="Yes" (Changed from No)

OemPreinstall="Yes"

OemSkipEula="Yes"

FileSystem=*

WaitForReboot="No"

NoWaitAfterTextMode=1

NoWaitAfterGUIMode=1

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Repartition=1 (Line added)

[systemRestore]

DisableSR=1

CreateFirstRunRp=0

[GuiUnattended]

TimeZone=035

OEMSkipRegional=1

OemSkipWelcome=1

[Components]

[userData]

ProductKey="<omitted>"

FullName="User" (Line added)

ComputerName=* (Line added)

[RegionalSettings]

Language= "0409"

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents="Yes"

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup="WORKGROUP"

[GUIRunOnce]

command9="%SystemDrive%\DPsFnshr.exe"

Stage 4 of ISO creation, use nLite (without any options except make ISO) to make the ISO/burn to DVD

In your [userData] section, you're missing OrgName="Company" which may very well be responsible for stopping at the computer's name section.

As for the formatting issue, try:

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

[unattended]

Repartition=Yes

Edited by jcarle