Source Files Already Have SP2

Further progress!!! I may even get there in the end! Anyway, my unatt instlln worked OK right to the end so it looks like you were right andrew: it was the hotfixes.

I tried to use the RyanVM approach to integrating them but his site for the update packs is undergoing maintenance at the moment. Would someone teach me how to use MSFN's automated way of using a batch file to integrate the hotfixes. I note that there is a prepared batch file in the Guide but I don't know how to use it. I realize that I'd still need to know which of the hotfixes are giving me the troubles even with this method but it'll allow me to learn something while awaiting the RyanVM site.

Thanks!

Malcolm

I've DLed RyanVMInteghrayor & the latest UpdatePack but haven't begun yet.

I'm keen to see how it goes!

Many thanks!

Malcolm

PS: I would like still to learn the manual method - can you point me to some help on this?

At the moment, no add-ons - just the hotfixes. This is a follow-on from my last effort which was manually integrating each hotfix as per msfn forum method. If successful with the RVM method then I will most certainly be interested in add-ons for my drivers & applications.

Thanks for your reply - I'm a bit slow at this as it is all quite new to me!

Malcolm

Well, my UA worked beautifully this time! It was just the hotfixes integrated with my XPSP2 disc.

Muchly appreciate the RyanVM update pack!!

I will now venture into trying an UA with drivers & major apps. I, no doubt, will need help but I'll start a new topic - is that the right procedure?

Thank you all so far!

Malcolm

Well, my UA worked beautifully this time! It was just the hotfixes integrated with my XPSP2 disc.

Muchly appreciate the RyanVM update pack!!

I will now venture into trying an UA with drivers & major apps. I, no doubt, will need help but I'll start a new topic - is that the right procedure?

Thank you all so far!

Malcolm