Unattended Disc have to be a CD

If you've burned with nero ... you're needing some files called boot.ima , or else, that cd/dvd could'nt boot with the default nero files {i'm reffering to boot.ima that are included in nero}.

Later Edit: I can't upload boot.ima it says that "Initializing atachament's" for 4 min.

Edited by blackmodder

I had the same boot problem "Cannot boot from CD - Code 4" and it turned out to be Nero. My original version is 7.0.0.0 which always worked fine. I downloaded the new version 7.8.5.0 and got the error. I went back to the original version and it worked fine. I didn't change a single setting.

I had the same boot problem "Cannot boot from CD - Code 4" and it turned out to be Nero. My original version is 7.0.0.0 which always worked fine. I downloaded the new version 7.8.5.0 and got the error. I went back to the original version and it worked fine. I didn't change a single setting.

Hello Dansouza!

Same error message but different cause. IMHO,I believe the Code 4 error is an umbrella-type message that covers all-and-varied reasons for not booting.

In my case although I normally have NERO 7.2.0.3b installed - more recently 7.8.5.0 - on this occasion, since it is an UA with only XP SP2 and the hotfixes and no major applications, NERO can not be a factor as it's not installed.

BTW, I believe 7.8.5.0 is VISTA-ready.

Cheers

Malcolm

No, we used DVDs until we switched to flash drives.

I'm missing something. When did we switch to flash drives, and for what benefit?

I mean, the last time I checked, A DVD was still cheaper and faster than a 4GB flash drive. (and handier if you only have a 1GB flash drive, too :) )

Kel

No, we used DVDs until we switched to flash drives.

I'm missing something. When did we switch to flash drives, and for what benefit?

I mean, the last time I checked, A DVD was still cheaper and faster than a 4GB flash drive. (and handier if you only have a 1GB flash drive, too :) )

Kel

Flash drives have reached 8GB - that would do for UAs.

Malcolm

8GB is a good. I've seen a few 16GB, too. But I still don't get what the flash drive for UA attraction/benefit is. I could see it if you test builds without a VM, or if you install OSes daily on multiple boxes. But for the other 99%, I don't see the point of dedicating a $100, 4GB drive to a rarely used UA build, instead of a 45 cent DVD with faster read times.

Someone mind enlightening me? :)

Kel

Edited by kelaniz