Addon for programs that doesn't install

Guest alex21

Guest alex21

I read the "How to make Addons" sticky thread but could see my answer, I hope I'm not being blind. I've made this thread because there are instructions not to ask for help in the sticky.

I'm trying to make an addon for MD5 Summer. This is one of those programs that doesn't need installation. It runs simply from the exe. I can make addons for the kind of program that has an install routine but not this type.

Please note I understand about the svpack directory and the ENTRIES_ ini file. It is just the EXE creation I need help with. I have tried using 7zip to make a self extracting archive, but I don't see how to specify destination directory, or to put shortcut in the Start Menu.

Thank you.

Edited by alex21

Guest alex21

Unfortunately the free version of the above program doesn't allow silent installs. I still used it to create an installer, then made it "silent" with autoit scripting. Not a perfect solution but I have a working addon for md5summer.

Thanks for your post pointing me in the right direction, I had given up on anyone caring anough to reply.