89 members have voted

1. 1. which browser u think is best

• IE 7
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Avant
    • IE 6
    • Other

My favourite browser is Mozilla's 'SeaMonkey', the next generation of Netscape Navigator. It has email, FTP, browsing and web-page composer, all-in-one suite.

The browser has tabbed windows and can use most of the Mozilla plug-ins. thumbup.gif

lol, im up to 39 tabs open!! almost 190mb. sould i make it 40 tabs? well i just did :)

im writing up a large report so about 30 of the tabs is for that reason..

39 tabs???? Does your monitor bulge at the sides??? :blink:

laugh1.gif

Sheeesh!!! I rarely get above 6 - 8 on a busy day, but that's mostly forums and several google hits sites for what I'm doing in them keypress.gif

lol, im up to 39 tabs open!! almost 190mb. sould i make it 40 tabs? well i just did :)

im writing up a large report so about 30 of the tabs is for that reason..

Well, live'n'learn... until I read your post I never tried that ;) And I never knew K-Meleon don't go above 32 tabs and then overwrites the last one, I guess I never noticed that before LOL

However, another surprise I just learned too :w00t: it doesn't use any more memory than what it loaded once started, hmm...

My memory load was 45% and after 32 tabs opened (about half of them youtube bookmarks from my group) it is still 45% :D

Good lizard, hehe :D

screencap:

screencap772ve2.th.png

Edited by no1none

You bunch of lamers whoever it is voting for Firefox.

You know Opera is better... you know it.

Need proof?

Firefox is better than Opera = 2,840 results.

Opera is better than Firefox = 3,450 results.

Split into percentages this means 45% say Firefox is better

than Opera and 55% say Opera is better than Firefox.

Firefox sucks = 18,500 results

Opera sucks = 562 results

Wow, thats almost 33 times more people say Firefox sucks than say Opera sucks!

Don't bother to argue with me, I will only refer you to the above figures.

In fact there needs to be a "Suck It" site like Digg where the most inane trash gets to #1.

If I knew how to design it I would be developing it myself. -_-

Edited by LeveL

Need proof?

thats purely a matter of preference, not science. those sites only prove that those who voted said that their opinion of it sucked, meaning either it wasnt for them for various reasons or a few people likes to hit the suck button over and over again.

i used to like opera over firefox till i played with its settings and made it how i wanted, i chose it over opera cause i liked how easy the addons were and i liked the type of addons available, so there ya go, just one reason to explain 1 persons preference, everyone has their own and which one is more popular doesnt change anything since they all browse the same internet.

Need proof?

Firefox is better than Opera = 2,840 results.

Opera is better than Firefox = 3,450 results.

Split into percentages this means 45% say Firefox is better

than Opera and 55% say Opera is better than Firefox.

Firefox sucks = 18,500 results

Opera sucks = 562 results

Wow, thats almost 33 times more people say Firefox sucks than say Opera sucks!

In fact there needs to be a "Suck It" site like Digg where the most inane trash gets to #1.

No offence, but IMHO someone who can't even make a website is in no position to judge or compare any software :rolleyes:

ALl you can tell is that the 'skin' or layout of non-adjustable bars/buttons is more preferable to your liking in Opera than in Firefox, thats probably all... ;)

i used to like opera over firefox till i played with its settings and made it how i wanted, i chose it over opera cause i liked how easy the addons were and i liked the type of addons available, so there ya go, just one reason to explain 1 persons preference, everyone has their own and which one is more popular doesnt change anything since they all browse the same internet.

I get where you're coming from, but those extensions for Firefox are incredibly annoying

in that the catalog of extensions is not organized into extensions that work on Firefox v2

and Firefox v1.5. Half the extensions give errors saying it "only works on v0.9 to v1.0"

and with the project being open source, no one gives two hoots about this or ever sorts

out that catalog of (more than 20,000) extensions. I bet not even 10,000 of them actually

work on v2.0.0.3 of Firefox.

With Opera, it just works straight away from one single small exe setup file. You don't even

need to bother with extensions, but you could, Opera has extensions, they are called "widgets".

No offence, but IMHO someone who can't even make a website is in no position to judge or compare any software :rolleyes:

I can make a website, but not one where people would vote, with a ratings system

and all the other server side stuff this type of website would entail.

Anyway, even if I couldn't make a website, why does the lack of that knowledge tie

into the knowledge of web browsers and my experiences with them? I know at least

one programmer who knows nothing about the internet, he is still a programmer.

ALl you can tell is that the 'skin' or layout of non-adjustable bars/buttons is more preferable to your liking in Opera than in Firefox, thats probably all... ;)

See above about extensions.

I never change the skin on any browser or program I use, it might as well not even

have the functionality for all I care. Its web pages I am looking at, not the frame of

my web browser. <_<

Edited by LeveL

I get where you're coming from, but those extensions for Firefox are incredibly annoying

in that the catalog of extensions is not organized into extensions that work on Firefox v2

and Firefox v1.5. Half the extensions give errors saying it "only works on v0.9 to v1.0"

and with the project being open source, no one gives two hoots about this or ever sorts

out that catalog of (more than 20,000) extensions. I bet not even 10,000 of them actually

With Opera, it just works straight away from one single small exe setup file. You don't even

need to bother with extensions, but you could, Opera has extensions, they are called "widgets".

i think theres 2,070 extensions, havnt encountered the problem of compatability as i browse through recent and popular ones, but i remember using widgets in opera, had quite a few and they were fine, but if i recall right it didnt feel embedded with the browser but rather a seperate app thing you had to click on, where the extension works or is there within the browser. like i have weatherbug, its displayed on bottom of browser, download em all is a single icon on my search bar, tab effects is another constant but again i cant recall how all the widgets worked but i think i had to always click on it to turn it on, i also really like firefox's bookmark toolbar and the remove permantly extension where i can right click on any object on a site and never have to view it again...great for forums and sites i visit alot so i can block all ads and any worthless text or object, makes sites easier to view.

again its just a preference, you prefer a default out of box setup set to your liking or you prefer widgets its all good, it takes me a while to set firefox how i like it after a fresh install where in opera i didnt as much, but i think both are very good and fast

i also used to like advent alot too, mainly its default setup but i found all the things from other browsers in firefox too, i just have to work at it to set it up, till i realized that i used to hate firefox

I'll admit that at first, the Firefox extensions were bad for this, but they have gotten a hell of a lot better.

Perhaps you should try a more up to date version of Firefox :P

I like Firefox, but I still like to use IE7 the most out of all the browsers.

the sheer awesomeness of the extensions available for firefox makes it the only choice for me, if i didn't have firefox, i'd be using opera, ie is still terrible

Edited by bledd