Where do you buy your PC components?

cumminbk

Thats the question where do you get your pc components when you build a pc? the Web, store, friends, old computers...

Personally i have only shopped from Newegg and i will buy certain peices from the store if i notice that are on some great deal.

if you are in the US and dont order from newegg, then you should seriously see a doctor :no:

newegg tends to suck when it comes to cooling, such as fans, water cooling, fan controllers, fan wires, etc. so i do have to use some other stores.

Anywhere except PC World, or similar places; with staff there who know

nothing about computers and a prey on families buying full systems just

so they can get 0.5% commission. If you go in there for a printer cable

or something, forget it, the staff WON'T help you.

Newegg generally but I recently came across Silicon Valley Compucycle while I was looking for some AS-5 ( they have free shipping on AS-5) and they have some good deals on cooling.

http://www.svc.com/

I've had some bad experiences with Tiger Direct. Forget the mail in rebates.

Edited by RJM

I purchase my parts mostly from NewEgg but on occassion I'll purchase from ZipZoomFly, ChiefValue, or TigerDirect. For instance, TigerDirect carries the Intel PRO/1000 PT PCIe x1 NIC that I've been using lately while NewEgg doesn't yet. And very ocassionally from Directron (rarely but every now and again they have some decent deals).

Two sites that have good cooling stuff, but can be kinda pricey, are FrozenCPU.com and Plycon.com.

Newegg - bought processor, memory, dvd-rw, sd card... so far. i have also used zipzoomfly.com where shipping is free on almost all items and prices are usually dollar less than newegg.

i check pricegrabber.com to see if it's cheaper anywhere else but usually newegg comes out on top.

ripken204: where do you buy your cooling supplies from?
Newegg generally but I recently came across Silicon Valley Compucycle while I was looking for some AS-5 ( they have free shipping on AS-5) and they have some good deals on cooling.

http://www.svc.com/

I've had some bad experiences with Tiger Direct. Forget the mail in rebates.

totally agree with RJM here. TigerDirect sucks, especially when screwing people out of money. ive had some friends really screwed.

and ive used svc alot for cooling stuff. i have no water cooling right now so i havnt had to buy any, but maybe my next comp will have water :)

i'm surprised no one's mentioned zipzoomfly.com. I typically buy from newegg myself, but have made a couple purchases from zipzoomfly, and have had good results.

when it comes to water and high-performance cooling, I usually shop at http://www.frozencpu.com/. They're NY-based, which is only a couple hundred miles from me, so that helps for shipping.