DVD burner problem

dwarfer

I recently bought a new desk for my computer that allowed to stand my pc on its side(which it was designed for for). Ever since I have done this DVD burning with nero is very slow. Before it burned about 3gigs in 10 or so minutes but now it takes 40 minutes! Anyone know why this is its painful having to wait so long. Thanks

Now that your PC is standing sideways, is your drive parallel to the ground [like _______], or perpendicular to it [like |]. If the drive is perpendicular to the ground, that could slow down burning.

Also, did you make any other changes to your PC recently, or are you using a different brand of DVDs.

From what I know, the orientation of the drive should not be an issue.

Should not be an issue. "Should" is definately the word to focus on here.

I indeed have found that CD/DVD writing (and in some cases reading) process can be degraded by operating the optical drive on its side.

Back in the day, I used to Ghost images on CD to setup my computers, since they weren't all on the same network or office, so a network drive wasn't always available. I found that if I tried to load an image from CD onto a computer that was turned upright (CD drive sideways), that often times the image would fail to load with disk read errors.