Start panel opens on first boot

tallspruce

XPsp2 unattended install, mostly nLite. Nonclassic start panel but classic Windows theme. In nLite (latest ver) I choose the tweak to not have the start panel open on first boot but it does anyway. Do I need to add my own reg tweak at GuiRunOnce to make it not open?

I don't know why, but some tweaks will not be active imidiately after the installation, but only after rebooting, like e.g. if hidding some desktop shortcuts, then they will still be shown innitially, but then goes away after rebooting. I'm guessing that this is also the case here ? Just a guess, though...

Edit: I'm talking about nLite's reg tweaks and not manual reg tweaks after the install...

Edited by Martin H

use this option in nlite

"disable pop on first boot"

Then it will not happen as you said.

hi rebhar precisely i think what i & the couple of gentlemen above have done but it still shows ... i think it doesn't apply even if you've chosen that option :(

No i test much time it and it was done. If it not work then try to do following.

1- Uninstall nlite.

2- Delete Folder of nlite from Program files.

3- Reinstall it and use this option.

Uninstalling nLite won't make a difference.

This problem has been asked many a time, I think it's safe to say if the tweak is not working for you then tough! Doesn't work for me, and this was months ago I raised it. As far as I know there isn't a solution.

Changing Operating system has got to be the most impractible solution to a problem.

The best solution I could think of is creating an Autoscript that will send a "windows" button command... this will close the start menu.

Then add this autoscript to your startup folder.