DVD Playback gone?

iceangel89

i have kept the WMP & WM codecs intact but now i still can't play DVD .VOB files... did i remove something wrong? also nero showtime or WinDVD reported missing .dll s in the System32 folder. the i also can't install Adobe Reader because of the Temp folder is not accessible???

i have kept the WMP & WM codecs intact but now i still can't play DVD .VOB files... did i remove something wrong? also nero showtime or WinDVD reported missing .dll s in the System32 folder. the i also can't install Adobe Reader because of the Temp folder is not accessible???

If you will turn off UAC then Adobe Reader will be not install, please Turn on UAC then install Adobe reader

Have to agree with the above. My laptop stopped playing all types of video a few months back, tried installing every codec ever, tried reinstalling all the apps to no joy. Couldn't be bothered to reinstall so downloaded VLC and everything plays in that. It's the messiah! :thumbup

WMP by default won't play DVDs. You need to have a decoder software installed, like PowerDVD or WinDVD. However, there are free MPEG-2 codecs available which you can install to play DVDs in WMP or any DirectShow app.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Stinky_MPEG_2_Codec.htm

If DVDs don't play back even after you install the codec, open regedit and head over to:

- [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Settings]

- Create the string value EnableDVDUI with the value Yes

Reboot.

---

My personal advise: Forget WMP. Get VLC or GOM Player. Both of them play almost all video formats, they're really small, portable and easy to use. Don't mess your system by installing seperate codecs or codec packs. :)

Edited by [deXter]