problems with dotnetfx3

soccer84playa

I installed Windows using Nlite and slipstream ryanvm post sp2 pack with ie7 and wmp11... my problem is i can't install dotnetfx3 now. it i downloaded redistributeable and installed it gave me a log saying some MSXML files were missing from places. I wen tto download MSXML 6sp1 and it says admin restricted install of this update. (ryanvm installed it anyways) i'm in a deadlooop can anybody help me?

:hello: If you were using 2.18 RyanVM issued a small update addon to address the issue. Also, in the forum for his AIO addon there are posts on how to repair an already installed/up and running situation that work; I tried both solutions out because I had the same problem; all work. RyanVM has now released 2.19 and this concern is, as they say, history. RyanVM's DotNet all-in-one installer installs 1.1, 2 and 3 with all hotfixes and the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redstributable Package at T-13 from svcpack; I am typing this from such an install; works beautifully. You can also run this AIO pack from runonce; T-13 is much better. :thumbup

Use one of Boooggy's current WMP11 addons or slipstreamer; again all available at RyanVM's forums; winXP install is perfect, no issues, WMP11-5212 up and running perfectly with all hotfixes/updates.

Edited by RickSteele

been a while ... you can use Integrator for this ... also in nLite you can insert the file in the Addons/Update Pack page ... incidentally, i know a friend who has tried it via HFSLIP (the former i haven't confirmed myself yet) ... have you tried the link i posted above? what you generate there have been tested working very well ...

I used RyanVM's .NET Framework AIO Beta and it installed 1.1, 2, and 3. You can download it from here.

Simply drag the installer into the Hotfixes section. In case this or any other installers don't do it automagically, then you can do it manually.

(anywhere you see quotes, do NOT type them)

1. Start, Run, "cmd" (navigate to i386 location)

2. type "expand svcpack.in_ svcpack.inf"

3. type "svcpack.inf" at the command prompt, svcpack.inf will open in a text editor (likely Notepad)

4. in the svcpack.inf file, look for the [setupHotfixesToRun] section.

5. Add "dotnetaio.exe" at the top of the section

6. save and exit svcpack.inf

7. type "makecab svcpack.inf" ( it'll create svcpack.in_ )

8. type "del svcpack.inf" (delete the expanded version, no sense keeping it around)

9. copy dotnetaio.exe to the \i386\SVCPACK folder

you're done.

EDIT: cleaned up and added steps

Edited by strotee76

You're using nLite or integrator to add dotnet to hotfixes. With nlite it doesn't recognize it as a valid hotfix. I'm going to try doing the svcpack thing you suggested. I'm having another problem though... while using vmware with these installs it's getting stuck at installing devices part... anybody having or had this problem? I don't get any error messages or anything. I left it running like that overnight to see if it needed a longer time but it didn't move at all the next morning.