inf / sys / dll files

anlaoch

I'm new-ish to this having read the guides here at msfn, and a guide from Overclockers.com, I'm unsure about adding the driver files to the $OEM$\$1\Drivers folder. I've added inf files for my Sata, and it worked before for me, but I wonder whether it would do any harm, good, or make any difference if I added the other files from the cd, i.e. sys, cat, and dll files.

Also, the support discs I got with the motherboard don't have drivers for the Athlon xp chip, and even the AMD website suggested no updates and no particular drivers were suitable for me to download. So in the folder drivers/000_chipset, can I just leave it blank, or leave it out all together?

Thanks a mill.

The DLLs and SYS files are the actual drivers. The inf's only tell Windows how to install them...so yes, you need those as well. :)

Your 000_chipset directory would be for the chipset on the motherboard (i.e. Intel 975X, NVIDIA 650i, etc), not for the CPU itself. You need the chipset drives so your PCI devices, USB ports and other things will work properly.