request Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0178 silent?

thnks allll for the reply but plz if anyone have it ready it will be great

If you're only seeking an English Installer.. follow the link in my signature to my Repository.

You'll find an English Installer there.

shark

• 1 month later...

Yeah, you have both those options: Sonic's method, or Shark's

Personally, I prefer Shark's installer. It's already done for ya, and you can edit it. So if you like to tweak out MSN, (shrink it, remove ads, whatever) his is real nice to work with. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have tried to make a cab of "Live messenger", integrated with nLite but when start Windows Messenger there isn't!

This is the step:

1) dowloaded the file from: www.messenger.it

2) extract the files from the executable "Install_Messenger.exe" (found five files: "MsnMsgs.msi", "WLToolbarSetup.exe", "wllogin.msi", "bootstrap.exe" and "bootstrap.dll")

3) create (with winrar) an auto-extract file with five files and using the switch "MsnMsgs.msi /qn"

4) create a file cab with CabPack

I tried, from DOS promt, to install Live Messenger with this switch and work!

Why Live Messenger doen't install?

PS I use Windows XP Pro (Corporate)

thnx4thepen U should add msistub.exe to your archive when u use .msi installer in this case MsnMsgs.msi, so now the switch for sfx archive should look like this msistub.exe MsnMsgs.msi /qn...

Edited by Gorki

thnx4thepen U should add msistub.exe to your archive when u use .msi installer in this case MsnMsgs.msi, so now the switch for sfx archive should look like this msistub.exe MsnMsgs.msi /qn...

Hi Gorki :)

I create other file cab with this procedure (Perfect Disk, QuickTime...Messenger 7.5!) and I never use msistub.exe file.

I don't understand why the switch work properly from prompt DOS and no with the cab... :wacko:

Edited by thnx4thepen

• 3 weeks later...
Personally, I prefer Shark's installer. It's already done for ya, and you can edit it. So if you like to tweak out MSN, (shrink it, remove ads, whatever) his is real nice to work with

How do you edit it, remove ads etc?