Unattended SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio Driver (DELL D520, D62

valkenaer

:D Yes, I've used Google, yes... I've searched the forum that helped me out so much the last couple of years. But now it seems I'm stuck. I can't seem to make the High Definition audio bus installation/driver installation work for my company's Dell laptops/workstation. I'm not a hardware/driver fanatic, I noticed the "usual" OEMDriverParth entry doesn't work for this High Defintion Audio device, but there must be a way of making it work through normal winnt.sif editing. Or should I use nLite for this? Edited by valkenaer

You need the hotfix for KB888111 integrated into your CD to make it work. I ran into the same problem with all of our new workstations and laptops. Fortunately a little searching will find you the correct download. :)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...SeriesId=447468

Extract the file after you download it. It contains the hotfix for several languages. Find the setup.dat for the language you require and rename it to KB888111.exe. Now you can use the /integrate switch to integrate it into your Unattended disk.

Thanks! This seems to be the solution to my problem. One question though: in my current set-up, I use svcpack.inf to process kb888111. Should I use the /integrate option instead because the drivers are processed at an earlier stage than svcpack.inf?

Uhhh...you're manually adding hotfixes to svcpack.inf? Using the /integrate switch does this for you, along with the associated catalog (.cat) files and possibly updating other files in your Unattended source. Most, not all, hotfixes released since XP SP2 support the /integrate switch. :)

I'm not sure about how it'll work with manually adding the hotfix, but I know it works just fine from svcpack.inf if the /integrate switch was used. I haven't had any problems getting sound drivers to work since I integrated that hotfix.