Battery out without warning

MtK

Hi,

my Power Settings are set to as follows:

• Critical battery action: Hibernate
  • Low battery level: 10%
  • Critical battery level: 5%
  • Low battery notification: On

what happened is that, the battery goes straight down to 5% (Critical level) & Hibernates, without having a notification at 10%...

any fix for this?

I had the same problem, but Vista did fix it with automatic updates. I don't know for sure which update it was, but they were able to solve it. My notebook is a HP NC6000

Good luck!

was this an automatic update?

cause I have my Vista up-to-date all the time...

I've changed the notification to 20%, but still the same...

Edited by MtK

This happens to me on WinXP but I have an old Dell Latitude Laptop. I think my battery isn't as young as it used to be. It goes from 100% to < 10% in less than 30 mins sometimes. I have to keep it plugged in at all times. I don't think it's winxp, it's just an old battery that I have.

This happens to me on WinXP but I have an old Dell Latitude Laptop. I think my battery isn't as young as it used to be. It goes from 100% to < 10% in less than 30 mins sometimes. I have to keep it plugged in at all times. I don't think it's winxp, it's just an old battery that I have.

My wife's laptop used to do that within 10 mins. Turns out that her battery was covered by DELL recall program. When she got her new battery she stopped having problems.

My wife's laptop used to do that within 10 mins. Turns out that her battery was covered by DELL recall program. When she got her new battery she stopped having problems.

I should have said something when I was at the lab last time...