Direct integration of KB932168

ponghy

Hi:

I'm wondering if it is possible to integrate the new hotfix KB932168 directly. I have nLite 1.3.0.4 and this version cannot slipstream this hotfix; it integrates normally. The hotfix is only the file AGENTDPV.DLL, no special registry entries needed (verified).

Another hotfix, KB920213 is properly slipstreamed by nLite, and it contains the same file (AGENTDPV.DLL).

All in all, can I slipstream all hotfixes except KB932168 and then simply replace the agentdpv.dl_ (corresponding to KB920213) with the shipped in KB932168? (forget the registry entries to recognize the new hotfix, I know how to reproduce them).

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for your answer, but I'm not looking for replacing the file with the OEM distribution folder. I want to know how to slipstream *by hand* a hotfix.

Can you explain this?

Do I need only that? Compress the file and place it in the I386 folder? What about catalog files and the HFINT.DAT?

I think a hotfix is more complex than that.

Anyway, thanks again.

@mariog60187: Well, I have done that, and Windows Update asks me to install the hotfix again. Catalog has been installed and the registry entries are present. The AGENTDPV.DLL file is present on disk.

Any clue? Thanks.

If I'm not wrong this update is dor windows 2000.I'm running XP.But anyway I download the update, I extracted and inside the folder update there is a file update.ver, I opened with notepad and sound like the update modify several files agentdp2.dll, agentdpv.dll, agentsvr.exe, sp3res.dll. When you run windows update probably only check the version of the files, so at this point I think that replacing the old files wiyh the newones should do it.

In the other hand you can run the update with a command Windows2000-KB920213-x86-ENU.EXE /q /z.

(What is quiet no rsetart) or ad any parameters that you want .

Good Luck!

As I said before, I've already solved the issue. I was missing the spruNNNN.dll (locale dependent) file. This file must be copied as XPSP3RES.DLL.

Edited by ponghy