Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 - winpe

venkadesh

I am using winpe( Microsoft Windows Preinstallation Environment Version 2004) that comes with winxp sp2 opk kit for booting the Tablet PC "HP COMPOQ TC4400" Model, as soon as the machine starts, it gave an blue screen error

Error code: "stop: 0*0000007b".

Is there is any mass storage entry i need to add? Am i missing something in winpe?

Is there is any seperate Winpe which comes for Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 sp2.?If so where can i download it?

I have also used vista winpe through which i can able to boot the machine properly..but i do not want to use that....

Please advice me..

Thanks & Regards,

Venky.

I just want to know which version of WinPE supports the tablet pc model (except vistaPE)?

Do have any idea why the WinPE version of winxpsp2 do not work in tablet pc model? Is there is any thing else i need to add in WinPE cd?

Can any one help me in this?

Edited by venkadesh

i'm not sure why you are getting that error. If you can get it up into windows, run a devcon report:

devcon find pci*

This will tell us what devices it has, and then you can load the drivers into PE

Thanks for the quick reply

It just says "starting windows Preinstallation Environment" after that windows xp logo screen comes and next it gives me the blue screen..

There is no problem with the machine; I use WinPE for applying the ghost image to the machine. I got struck here...

I suspect on the mass storage device…

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar setup using ghost to setup a tablet pc (motion computing le1600)

You're correct, I've seen the bsod occur with mass storage drivers. Also video drivers as well.

Adding new mass storage drivers (you'll need to rebuild the WinPE CD)

Start with the mass storage driver.

- Find the correct windows driver for the tablet from the manufacturer.

If its not there, find out what controller is in the tablet and check their site.

(For example the le1600 used an intel chipset, which I used for my boot cd.)

- Expand all the files

- Add drivers to WinPE CD

- put all .sys files in I386\System32\Drivers

- put all .inf files in I386\inf

- any other exe and dlls in I386\System32 (don't need cat files)

depending on the driver, its usually just a few files...

After fixing the bsod problem there will probable be issues with the network and stylus, but

first get over the booting problem...

• 1 month later...

I've seen that problem with the Fujitsu 5112 tablet. The fix I found, at least mith my version of PE, was to turn off the AHCI interface in the BIOS. Once I did that, I was golden. Trying to update my version of PE now to support SATA controllers, so if you have any input, please share :)

I work with the HP notobooks regularly and to add to the comments you will need the sata drivers from HP.com for the error to disappear.

Although resetting the bios will work until you change the bios back you do loose some functionality inside the OS.

Randy