adobe pdf reader - Yes

bitcomet 0.56 - Yes

ewido - Don't know

firefox - Yes

nod32 - Yes (Vista Version)

winpcap - Don't know

macromadie studio mx - Yes

kmplayer - Don't know

Overall I don't see why anything but alcohol 120% would not work.

if they do not work, try to get them working under compatibility mode, so the progs think they are running under xp or 98 or whatever.

also, i think the software companies website may be able to help

• 2 weeks later...

AutoCAD 2004/2006/2007" - Yes

Photoshop cs2 - Not sure ( coral draw and paintshop pro works fine, photoshop should too )

3dmax 6/7 - yes

acdsee 2.4 - yes

winrar - yes

nero - yes

alcohol 120% - yes

adobe pdf reader - yes

bitcomet 0.56 - not sure ( i use bitlord and it works perfectly, btw bitlord is way better than bitcommet )

ewido - don't even know what this is ...

firefox - yes

nod32 - yes

winpcap - not sure

macromadie studio mx - yes

kmplayer - not sure

Just make sure you have the latest versions of ( nero, daemon tools, winrar, nod32, alchohol, adobe reader, firefox. the rest should run on their old versions, i have had no problems. )

AutoCAD 2004/2006/2007" - 2004 does not work. 2006 will with an update patch. 2007 works fine.

Photoshop cs2 - Yes.

3dmax 6/7 - Yes

acdsee 2.4 - Yes

winrar - Yes. I have used various versions from 3.41 to he current beta and all have worked.

nero - Although earlier versions of Nero 7 had issues, Nero 7 has been stable under Vista for awhile.alcohol 120% - yes

adobe pdf reader - Yes, it works. However, the Adobe Reader 8.0 installer has a conflict when extracting itself from a single executable archive. The newest release is supposed ot have corrected this issue.

bitcomet 0.56 - Works fine.

ewido - I don't use it, so couldn't say.

firefox - It certainl;y does.

nod32 - Yes, it works. My preference, however, is Avast - which also works.

winpcap - It will work under 32-bit, but not 64-bit, due to driver signing issues. Make sure to obtain the latest version.

macromadie studio mx - Works fine for me.

kmplayer - Also works.

Thanks guys~ that's very kind of u~

I've use vista Ultimate for days, and it works fine.

my only regret is that it cannot open Aero glass cause the integrated display adapter from intel 915G~ the vista marked 1.0 ~

P4 630

915G

768M

80G 2M

19 CRT

O,and also only one thing confused me now , the fonts displayed arenot clearly as XP , even if 1024*768 or 1280*1024 , and i've changed all possibilities from the effects "normal / clearly" maybe (sorry i'm at home & use XP now,i don't know how to explan it clearly )~ maybe it happens only in version of simplified CHS ~

Thanks guys~ that's very kind of u~

I've use vista Ultimate for days, and it works fine.

my only regret is that it cannot open Aero glass cause the integrated display adapter from intel 915G~ the vista marked 1.0 ~

P4 630

915G

768M

80G 2M

19 CRT

O,and also only one thing confused me now , the fonts displayed arenot clearly as XP , even if 1024*768 or 1280*1024 , and i've changed all possibilities from the effects "normal / clearly" maybe (sorry i'm at home & use XP now,i don't know how to explan it clearly )~ maybe it happens only in version of simplified CHS ~

I too found the fonts displayed disconcerting. You will have to go in the display setting & change the icon scaling as well adjust the font setting to get sharp display. Original setting by Vista are very fuzzy. Of course I only have a 17" lcd & use 1024x767 resolution only although 1280x1024 is supposed to be the native resolution for the device.

I found AutoCAD2004 works fine, but 2006 cannot be installed.

and also i've changed the PC,it works great!

P4 630 --> E6300 oc 400*7

915G --> Gigabyte 945P_DS3 (DS4 is recommend)

512M --> 1G DDR2 800

915G --> Sapphire X1950Pro 256M

80G --> ST 320G *2 RAID0

300W --> Blue storm 400W

ATX --> Legione 10K

• 1 month later...

Officially Adobe Photoshop CS2 is not supported by Vista and Adobe are not going to fix it. If you want Vista support you should get CS3. So maybe CS2 will run on the Vista machine but you don't know what surprises await...

Edited by yronnen

nero - Although earlier versions of Nero 7 had issues, Nero 7 has been stable under Vista for awhile.alcohol 120% - yes

I haven't had any issues with Nero 6.6 when running under compatibility mode. It loads much faster than Nero 7. I've created a portable version of 6.6 though, which is what I'm running.