Fatal1ty

jiminalaska

All you gamers out there can you tell me about the Creative Fatal1ty mouse and keyboard? I was doing a little search on a new sound board and came across these two items. Are they for real? I am a 60 year old guy with the reaction time of a slug. I got into BF2 this past December and I am trying to put a little edge on my game. These kids are killing me. Thanks for any response.

Aah, Jonathan Wendel... prey you never meet him in BF2!

All I can tell you about those things is my opinion - its probably just

a marketing gimmick. But with that said, you ARE going to be better

off with some sort of "gamers" keyboard and mouse, I just can't say

whether the Fatal1ty ones are any better or worse than any of the

others.

In BF2 just do what all the other do, jump up and down, lie down quick,

hide out near the flag (like on the Kubra Dam, down that ladder, or like

on Gulf of Oman hide in the watchtower).

Those are not any better than other mice and keyboards, just designed in conjunction with a professional gamer and branded with his nick.

Read this.

Other mice to consider are: MX518, DeathAdder or Habu.

It's more about what you feel comfortable using than the technical specs or hype/name of the products.

Better equipment may improve your gaming a bit, but you should consider playing some other game that may suit you better. There are games more or less similar to BF that are not as fast-paced. In single player you can often control the pace to your liking, most (not all) multiplayer games are quite fast.

Thanks DL. and Level for the education. DL. I've played other first shooter games and by far BF2 is the best. I played the single player segment but found it a little boring. The fast pace of multi player keeps me more entertained and more of a challenge. I was just looking for a little info on these products. Thanks again.

Edited by jiminalaska

i play BF2142 with a logitech mx518 and its an amazing mouse, but not the best. my friend has BF2142 and a logitech g5 and its just a whole lot better. there is a new version of the g5 coming out which i will definetly be getting.

I've got a Logitec G5 mouse and the Razer Tarantula keyboard.

The mouse is great! You can control the "speed" of the mouse on the fly to three different settings, say slow for sniping, medium for normal, and high for control of tanks turrents (BF2142) and air defense guns.

I like the keyboard because the keys are more like laptop keys so you have a shorter keystroke. Do they make you better? The mouse I would say yes due to the speed changes for accuracy, the keyboard not so much if any (but it does look great!). It's just a matter of practice and ensuring your ping rate isn't too high. I usually won't connect to anything 100 or higher. I usually choose servers that are mid 80's to low 90's, that's the best I can get. Once you get into the 100's or higher you notice you'll start dying more often.

Issue with the keyboard. The tarantula keyboard won't let me boot into my bios so I have to switch to another keyboard if I want to do any overclocking or change memory settings etc. It also uses two USB ports (It has two more located on the keyboard).

Ripken and ssqatbliss thanks for the reply. I will look into the G5 and possibly the keyboard. ssqatbliss if I were able to get on servers with a ping of less than 140 I would be happy. I can notice a difference when I go to a server at say 142 verses 180 or higher. As it is I am hooked up to the local DSL but it is one step up from oatmeal boxes and a string in my opinion. I have made it to Staff Sargent so I'll check out what you have suggested. Thanks again for all your help.

wow thats an expensive keyboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...82E16823126135R

i have this one, laptop keys also, they are the best IMO.

DSL doesnt help much, at least where i live, its increadibly slow. always try to join servers with the green light(if there is one, i play bf2142 so there are lights for the ping)

I also used the logitech MX518 which was nice but is now on the wifes computer. My DSL is great for ping rates but it's slow to download large files or to play on servers with more than 48 people. Even when I had the premium cable (10MB+ down - 6MB+ up) when I lived in El Paso Texas the ping rates weren't very good, always 100+ but it was good for playing with more players.