Debby does nLite

debby

I was :lol: before I even clicked this topic.

Debby does nLite... no, I think nLite is doing you. :P

If you want to give the ISO SATA support without a floppy disk,

integrate the Bashrat The Sneaky driverpack "MassStorage"

AFTER you have done whatever you are doing with nLite.

Its really easy slipstreaming Bashrats drivers... don't be shy,

I know you're not, lol...

Download this: BASE

Download this: SATA Driverpack

Extract the BASE. Don't extract the drivers, just put the 7z file, as it is, inside the

"driverpacks" folder that the BASE spits out, then open the BASE program, its all

very easy from then on, just choose all the defaults and tick the "Textmode" box.

Seems to be a lot more work for her. She already downloaded the required drivers off their site and followed everyone else's advice and nlite does a fine job integrating the drivers. Plus wouldn't the driver pack contain massive amounts of drivers that might not be necessary and just add space?

super easy guide for you..

copy windows disc contents to C:\XPCD

download this..

raid3xf9.png

http://bleddyn.co.uk/temp/RAID_Slipstreamer_v3.0.exe

and copy it to C:\ (not desktop)

run it, type the path as C:\XPCD, and click proceed (this will put a load of drivers (sata ones) into the disc for you)

now load up nlite, go to the ISO screen (last one) and burn to disc

will be bootable and will have the drivers you want on it : ;)

Edited by bledd

Hey guys,

OK, I finally put the disc in and fired up the computer.

What I'm seeing is a blank screen with a flashing line in the upper left corner (I'll describe it as "DOS" style, for lack of a better word).

Is this OK, or should I be seeing something else? :unsure:

Thanks,

Debby

Here's what I did to make the CD:

In the step to add drivers, added the .inf file from the 3112.exe that Kel supplied (Thanks Kel!).

Then just added my product key in the unattended install step.

My only tweak was to set automatic updates to prompt first.

Followed the directions to create the ISO.

Burned the CD as a bootable CD using Roxio.

Some updates:

My XP is Pro SP1 (not 2 as previously mentioned).

The friend from work who checked out my Floppy Drive started the machine with XP loaded onto an ATA drive that I had been limping along with, and (I think) formatted the 2 SATA drives, in an attempt to make them see-able (if that's a word....well, it is now) by the computer. He then tried to load the XP disc directly onto the mirrored pair, but the computer said that the XP disc was an older version of XP (probably meaning no online updates), and it wouldn't let him interact with it. :angry:

Hopefully none of this killed my chances of using nLite... :blink:

OK you made a minor mistake there you don't burn the cd as a bootable cd, the iso image nLite makes is already bootable you need to burn the iso image not add the iso to a cd. I am not sure how you choose burn a image in roxio but here is a tiny app that will give you the power to right click and burn the iso properly. --> http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm <-- Pay attention to the version as there are 2 versions depending on what version of XP you are using.

My XP is Pro SP1 (not 2 as previously mentioned).
but the computer said that the XP disc was an older version of XP

Why not upgrade to SP2 while you are at it?

Seems to be a lot more work for her.

Its not. It takes 30 seconds to slipstream Bashrat's MassStorage pack.

She already downloaded the required drivers off their site and followed everyone else's advice and nlite does a fine job integrating the drivers.

It didn't work though.

Plus wouldn't the driver pack contain massive amounts of drivers that might not be necessary and just add space?

No, its 3.65Mb.

ok, start again..

copy disc to C:\xpcd

run nlite

select "Service Pack integration", and Create ISO, then download this (might take a while!) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en (that's SP2) point nlite at that it'll add it to the disc..

don't create iso yet, leave nlite open for a bit

do what i said to do (that program) in my last post ^scroll up a bit, then create iso using Direct Burn in nlite

Edited by bledd

Hey guys,

Thank you for all the replies. :wub:

I'm at work now , but I'll try another burn when I get home.

And not to sound ungrateful, but this is a ton of information, and, um, I was kind of hoping that there would be a consensus on how to go about it. :unsure:

I'll try to sign in earlier, so we can get some action, er, get this working, tonight. :blushing:

Kel:

Upgrading to SP2 is the plan, I just wanted to be clear about the baseline.

ArcticRider:

"Wow! A female using nlite. Is that even possible?? Where are the system requirements? "

My requirements are far more than your system can handle. :no::P

Hey guys,

Thank you for all the replies. :wub:

I'm at work now , but I'll try another burn when I get home.

And not to sound ungrateful, but this is a ton of information, and, um, I was kind of hoping that there would be a consensus on how to go about it. :unsure:

I'll try to sign in earlier, so we can get some action, er, get this working, tonight. :blushing:

Kel:

Upgrading to SP2 is the plan, I just wanted to be clear about the baseline.

ArcticRider:

"Wow! A female using nlite. Is that even possible?? Where are the system requirements? "

My requirements are far more than your system can handle. :no::P

Well if you still can not get it to work, this weekend when i get off school i will put together a guide using pictures and text in a step by step basis. It will also include how to add service pack 2, drivers, etc. and ryanvm packs so you do not have to download 200+ hotfixes as soon as you start up.

Edited by Avien

Ok guys, I'm back. :rolleyes:

In re-reading all the posts, it looks like there are several ways to do this, thus making it more confusing. :blink:

So, as a woman (you know, with all the power), I'm going to make an executive decision: Since Kel answered first, I'll follow his directions. If that burns a coaster/cat toy, then I'll work my way through the list until someone can perform satisfactorily. ;)

Once I have an OS on the SATAs, then we can go back through and you guys can teach me how to streamline the system and all that other cool stuff.

Fair enough? :D

Debby

Hey guys, I'm back.

I tried Kel's solution, only to find that the recording software ( ISORecorder) won't recognize my burner (the recorder field is blank). :angry:

LeveL mentioned something about slipstreaming and bashing rats, which isn't clear to me exactly where the stuff goes, and when. :wacko:

bledd linked to RAID Slipstreamer; I'll try that now.

Hooray!! I'm batting 1000!! (Well, 1000 views anyway). :thumbup:w00t:

Now if only I could get nLite to work. :}

SP2 has finished it's download, so I can continue with the burn.

Wish me luck!

No, more than last time! ;)

OK, XP tried to load like the source disc does, and looked exactly the same, including the part where it asks if I have drivers for the RAID setup. I let it run, since I don't have a Floppy, and at the end it said it couldn't find any HDs to load onto. :angry:

Better, but still no SATA drivers.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Debby

Edited by Martin L