Vista Guide to Integrating Updates and Hotfixes

i do export my .wim file. it seems to grow by i don't know like 40% of hotfix size. exp 100mb hotfixes = 40mb wim increase. thats just an example not my real numbers. also i use peimg instead of pkgmr with a two step process.

peimg /import=c:\updates\*.cab c:\mount\windows

and the

peimg /install=*Package* c:\mount\windows

Edited by geo411m

• 4 weeks later...

Hello AHRIMANSEFID!

You just need to copy the install.wim from your Vista DVD \sources directory to a directory on your HD. Than you put the location of this directory to the line:

SET vpath=%CD%

for example:

SET vpath=D:\VistaDVD

That requires that you've copied the Vista DVD to the VistaDVD folder on your D: drive (D:\VistaDVD).

All the rest is done by the batch.

Regards,

Martin

• 1 month later...

hi guys, i need a bit of help

i have followed the instructions down to Integrate.cmd when i run this and get to the part where it is trying to mount install.wim, it fails because it says access is denied, i have tried to take ownership of the install.wim, and the containing folder useing "takeown" in cmd and from the properties window for both again, and i cant seem to get access, the file and the folder both claim to be in my ownership, but it will not work.

Thanks.

post-150422-1186950372_thumb.jpg

I was thinking that i was running them in elevated mode, im telling the scripts to run as administrator, by right clicking on them. and again i just get the same problem.

Im not too sure about using that "VISTA32 hotfix-TOOL" because im running the 64bit version (sorry if thats got nothing to do with it, im assuming because it says vista32 that its 32bit)

I was thinking that i was running them in elevated mode, im telling the scripts to run as administrator, by right clicking on them. and again i just get the same problem.

Im not too sure about using that "VISTA32 hotfix-TOOL" because im running the 64bit version (sorry if thats got nothing to do with it, im assuming because it says vista32 that its 32bit)

i didnt test it in x64 yet

but vlite does x64

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Getting error message when running integrate.cmd. Can anyone tell me why...?

Thanks!

The error I see is that it can't find PEIMG.exe. If you read the first post there is this:

The only place peimg.exe is used in this guide is to create a text file that lists the packages that were integrated.

By that description, it may not be a critical error, but I have not used this program before.

• 1 year later...