BACKUP YOUR VISTA DRIVERS

MIKE MANE 60

Most of my posts seem to revolve around "Freeware" and the importance of backing things up as a contingency plan for some future disaster.

No apologies for this as I have learnt my lessons the hard way with many disasters where I have thought "If only I had backed that up before I started messing around with this". Also freeware works just as well, if not better in many cases.

Many new computer users will be finding their way to this forum. Vista perhaps the first operating system they have ever used. Their money spent, freeware offers them the chance to try things out, and start on the learning curve of their computing education with no cost.

"DriverMax" is free. You do have to register with a legitimate e mail address to get a registration code. (A small price to pay)

"DriverMax" will backup all of your drivers, re-install your drivers, and give you a HTML or Text readout. Not bad for free.

Many time in the past I have done a nice new "Clean Install" and then spent about an hour trying to find where I filed away the drivers for that Graphics Card!!!

"DriverMax" is at - Link: http://www.innovative-sol.com/drivermax/

Just got to get a link in again for registry backup tool ERUNT at Link: http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

• 2 weeks later...

locate a folder called software distribution and inside that that one called download. All the files relating to your drivers will be that folder for your system :thumbup.

Then copy all the files to your external system hard drive for a clean install :whistle:

Edited by Walchinc