Install order problems

I want some of my applications to install in the last possible moment (they are the ones I am unable to find silent switches for or the ones which do require my interaction in one way or another) so I just put their install order to some high value (like 999). However the problem is that I don't have apps marked as 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. so my 999th application still installs in the same order WPI installs all other apps. I really don't want to go trough the list and assign install order values to each of them so is there any way to circumvent this ?

I want some of my applications to install in the last possible moment (they are the ones I am unable to find silent switches for or the ones which do require my interaction in one way or another) so I just put their install order to some high value (like 999). However the problem is that I don't have apps marked as 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. so my 999th application still installs in the same order WPI installs all other apps. I really don't want to go trough the list and assign install order values to each of them so is there any way to circumvent this ?

Wel, you could use a second program to handle a second way of installing...

If it can't install unattended, there's no need to use WPI, then maybe autorun would be a better option to use...

Just use your imagination...

And even if you still prefer to make these installations happen automaticaly with every new XP-install, you can add a second line in commandlines.txt to make it run after WPI...

There are many ways, many possibilities...

Example:

http://cdinterface.sourceforge.net/

I don't know if this answers your question, but it's a suggestion at least ;)

@Steam Trout,

You could always open your config.js file in notepad, notepad++, or whatever editor you like and do a string replace for all the order numbers that are absent...put order numbers in but make them all lower numbers (i.e. ordr[pn]=[1]) than the higher numbered ones you want to install last, shouldn't be much of an issue making them all the same since you don't care what order they get sorted in. They will still get installed before the higher numbers.

On another note, there shouldn't be an install you can't make silent given a bunch of different techniques and initiative. At the very least, you can always use the Scriptwriter in AutoIT to do the work. It will record your keystrokes as you answer the dialog boxes.

AutoIT Guide to Silent Installs