Microsoft Update

I Slipstreamed Microsoft Update into my unnatended installation and I have found out that Microsoft Update has sevre issues with my computer (cursor lag all the time, svchost.exe using 100% CPU ect.) Is there any way I can remove Microsoft Update COMPLETLY from the install and just have Windows Update like it was before by any means neccesary?

Please help me on this. :(

PS: I have Windows XP Professional SP2 with latest updates.

Edited by FrozenBlade

I did do that with Nlite, but it seems Microsoft Update itself is still affecting my computer somehow, turning off its service stops the processor usage but it does not stop the constant freezing, blue screens and cursor lag I get, I am 100% possitive that Microsoft Update is doing this to my Installation though. :(

Go to change settings in microsoft update, scroll down and tick the "Disable Microsoft Update software and let me use Windows Update only" box and apply changes.

Go to change settings in microsoft update, scroll down and tick the "Disable Microsoft Update software and let me use Windows Update only" box and apply changes.

I need to remove it completly from the unnatended install, not when it is already installed. :hello:

My bad, I assumed you already had it installed. Why not just start over? Doesn't nlite remember what you've done?

I could do that but there is a lot of stuff that I have integrated that I have long since deleted so I would need to download and intergrate it all again. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

i remember in 1 of my builds that i was able to have it grayed out (not selectable anymore) even if accessed from the control panel ... but i was not able to repeat it ... so my concern is basically the same with yours ... i don't want it there too as i manually download updates ... any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated ... there used to be a removal addon found in ryanvm's site but i think the link for the specific link had expired ...

Edited by Kiki Burgh

• 10 months later...