[UPDATE] Energize 1.1 & Sources

peyronnx

I have detected bugs linked this file (user32.dll), that's why I have disabled it in the install.

It has solved my issues but I do not understand yours. Sorry no answer from my side.

I will investigate and try to fix it.

Did you find a fix for this? because not only does it show errors with user32.dll but it also stops some installation applications or programs like ActiveSync for windows mobile and i dont want to format over something that should have an uninstaller?

ps i know this thread was from 04 but maybe someone found a fix for it and can help me

Edited by maly1

I have detected bugs linked this file (user32.dll), that's why I have disabled it in the install.

It has solved my issues but I do not understand yours. Sorry no answer from my side.

I will investigate and try to fix it.

Did you find a fix for this? because not only does it show errors with user32.dll but it also stops some installation applications or programs like ActiveSync for windows mobile and i dont want to format over something that should have an uninstaller?

ps i know this thread was from 04 but maybe someone found a fix for it and can help me

@ peyronn x, hi man listen up.

i fixed that error with shell32 i think...

i downgraded the avis in the dll, so its not that big anymore.

and now i dont get that error at all...

maybe an idea?

damian666

I wanted to also let you know of the incorrectly displayed icons when you use the following command:

cleanmgr /sageset:11

This is the advanced setup for Disk Cleanup; all of the icons looked like their 16 color versions. Consequently, the icons also appear incorrectly when running Disk Cleanup normally. Just a heads up.

Well... for sure Energize isn't like XPize... I tried uninstalling Energize (because it completely messed up my shell32.dll and now I can't open calculator and other programs also crash, and the square start button... just isn't for me) but it just messes up Windows... doesn't correct shell32.dll... well. a lot of stuff... now I'll have to go and try to install xpize and see if the shell32.dll problem doesn't persist...

When you have a really stable package... release it.. don't release it with so many bugs :\ or at least say it's beta.

nice graph work, though.

@ ThunderNor: In the prerequisites of the installer, it is clearly explained that Energize is not compatible with Microsoft Update KB925902. I guess that all your damage is due to the conflict between them... Energize makes shell32.dll size increase (something around 30 Mo). Is the only way I find to integrate the vista avi animations (copy and delete) and it is why there is a bug with Microsoft Update KB925902. Thanks for your understanding.

I will release tonight the sources (as promised) so that anyone could modify Energize and improve it.

See U

@peyronnx

Hi, don't get me wrong, I just found your software to have caused lots of problems on my pc, and, for what I see, on a lot others.

About the explanation, it would be everything ok, if I had the Microsoft Update KB925902 installed... but I don't and never had it... :blink:

Ok, thanks for releasing the sources, I'm hopefull that someone will make it more compatible with all xp systems ;)

@ ThunderNor: In the prerequisites of the installer, it is clearly explained that Energize is not compatible with Microsoft Update KB925902. I guess that all your damage is due to the conflict between them... Energize makes shell32.dll size increase (something around 30 Mo). Is the only way I find to integrate the vista avi animations (copy and delete) and it is why there is a bug with Microsoft Update KB925902. Thanks for your understanding.

I will release tonight the sources (as promised) so that anyone could modify Energize and improve it.

See U

Well unistaller is working fine for me and I don't have any shell32.dll related issues. I, of course uninstalled KB925902 before installing this pack :thumbup

Edited by kekinash