[UPDATE] Energize 1.1 & Sources

peyronnx

it seems if the shell32.dll exceeds a certain size, you will get the user32.dll error if the kb925902 is installed. there is a solution on the crystal xp board but i have included the excerpt from there in word format. it involves patching the user32.dll image base address

Precisely what I was saying, does the shell32.dll file exceed 10mb after installing Energize?

also, peyronnx, I understand this is your pack and everything but asking users to uninstall an update to get your pack to work is pretty poor imo

Precisely what I was saying, does the shell32.dll file exceed 10mb after installing Energize?

also, peyronnx, I understand this is your pack and everything but asking users to uninstall an update to get your pack to work is pretty poor imo

Zedox: You right concerning the way to install my pack, I need to find a better way to do it. Concerning the shell32.dll file, the size is around 30mb after the install (due to high quality avi and bmp). Hard bug to fix! I will let know the community about my improvements based on dead0's solution.

See U

Hi,

I have investigated how to make a patch to change the "ImageBase" thanks to dedicated soft. I did not succeed in automazing that task ...

Perhaps, using hard code (Dephi, C, or VB) could help.

If someone could try it will be helpful.

If not, my recommendation will be to uninstall the windows update responsible of that bug... I know that is not the safer solution.

Reducing the shell32.dll size won't be possible due to high size of the "avi" inside the file.

See U

• 2 weeks later...

BudsieBuds: Thanks for your proposal, but I haven't planned to add more skins in Energize. Furthermore, I do not want to promote P2P softs...

tap52384: No, sorry but Energize won't integrate these softs because they are not multilanguage.

I hope to be able to release the last RC by the end of the week.

See U

tap52384: No, sorry but Energize won't integrate these softs because they are not multilanguage.

A multilanguage addon / installer for sidebar is easy to make :) as long as you have all source files

BudsieBuds: Thanks for your proposal, but I haven't planned to add more skins in Energize. Furthermore, I do not want to promote P2P softs...

(...)

You're not promoting P2P softs, if you add a skin.

Also, P2P softs are not illegal.

If it's used illegally, depends on the users of the program.

I really think it's a plus for your pack, though.

Ohh.. and by the way; VisualTooltip is free and has multiple languages.

~Budsie

I can't uninstall KB925902 because I removed the uninstall files (my hard disk is way too small)

For the Bricopacks they found a solution. You don't have to uninstall this windows update first. But Aurora Pack is better than Vista Inspirat bricopack. The bricopack do have the vista delete/copy/move animations included.

• 3 weeks later...