[UPDATE] Energize 1.1 & Sources

peyronnx

This reg entry should fix that user accounts problem.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ico]
@="icofile"
"PerceivedType"="image"
"Content Type"="image/x-icon"

Thanks mr_smartepants :thumbup

Hi guys, is it possible to modify this pack to make it slipstreamable using nlite or the original installer as xpize? I've tried replacing the xpize source's resources with those extracted from the energize installer and then repacking the modified xpize source but, for some reasons, i'm not able to include in it all the new resources that in some cases are more than those from xpize... Maybe this is linked to the nullsoft scripts but i'm not very expert so i don't know...

Byezzz :hello:

As much as I want to say a very rude comment here Panarchy you probably did something very wrong to your system.

This pack has been used by ALOT of others and no-one has experienced that certain issue.

Plus that is definatly NOT the way to report a bug or an issue...

i just got that same relocated DLL error...i hadn't had any problems til now...i'm running energize rc1 in my xp test vm, and got a shell32.dll error when i tried to install office 2000...uninstalled energize, rebooted, and setup runs fine now...i guess this is why it's not being called 'final' yet :whistle:

I had the same problem with this pack. After uninstall everything works again.

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\Windows\System32\SHELL32.dll occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

Link1

Link2

I think that there is a corrupted dll file inside this pack and I prefer not to install this pack yet.

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\Windows\System32\SHELL32.dll occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

Link1

Link2

I think that there is a corrupted dll file inside this pack and I prefer not to install this pack yet.

there arn't any dll's in the pack, so how could there be a corrupt one?

Is the filesize of the shell32 file over 10meg after installing the pack?

Guest thatsashok

hi ,

I installed energize and i must say its have very gud customization style.

But I did a mistake, I re-install it and now I want to uninstall it for a while but after un-install shell (icons (all), and look) was not replaced by original XP look.

So anybody has any solution for this. :rolleyes:

Is there any shell pack which has original windows xp look? Please reply asap.

Regards,

Ashok Kumar :)

Edited by thatsashok

Link1

Link2

Hi to everyone,

This issue is not due to a corrupted file inside my pack, it seems to be linked to a windows update patch : http://www.crystalxp.net/news/en170-BricoP...es-Crashes.html

My solution is to uninstall my pack and then uninstall KB925902 patch.

Then re-install my pack, it should work.

For the final release, I will try to add a warning during the install and the reload.

I will try to release a new RC on the next week ...

See U