windows file protection error

templar414

why do I get this error?

post-133382-1175594497_thumb.jpg

I nLited WinXp pro but I removed only really stupid things like messenger and languages... Also, I added RVM update pack 2.1.8 and few addons... And this message continues to show up... What should I do to remove this annoying message?

why do I get this error?

post-133382-1175594497_thumb.jpg

I nLited WinXp pro but I removed only really stupid things like messenger and languages... Also, I added RVM update pack 2.1.8 and few addons... And this message continues to show up... What should I do to remove this annoying message?

In nLite->Options->Patches->SFC (Windows File Protection) select Disabled.

Hulkviper and Radix, thank you for the answers... However, I do have one more question. When I disable WFP, won't that allow any other program to simply replace default Windows DLLs with its own? In truth, I fear that this will somehow mess up my Windows. Can you explain me what happens when WFP is disabled?

Edited by templar414

Just wanted to add that I also get WFP errors. When I run it it is unable to copy files to the dll cache from the original XPsp2 CD. I want WFP to work on my unattended XPsp2. Also my Logitech Extreme 3D pro joystick does not work but is recognized. DirX9.0c, HID service(after copying hidserv.dll into sys32 folder) and USB working fine. I did nothing with nLite that indicated it would affect WFP or game controllers rendering them useless. I think removing some items with nLite have farther-reaching consequences than described in nLite's description of the item. I think nLite is really great tool. I like the way it slipstreams all those updates and drivers. I intend to be more careful about what I remove by researching the item(s) in an attempt to surmise what other effects their removal might have.

• 3 months later...
Hulkviper and Radix, thank you for the answers... However, I do have one more question. When I disable WFP, won't that allow any other program to simply replace default Windows DLLs with its own? In truth, I fear that this will somehow mess up my Windows. Can you explain me what happens when WFP is disabled?

When WFP is disabled, Windows does not automatically replace overwritten system files (such as system *.DLL files) with original cached versions. Personally, I keep it turned on, but I too get the same popups during driver installation that you are getting.