W2K Faults with Nlite v1.3.0.4

03GrandAmGT

Hi Nuhi :hello:

Well after 4 years of faithful service I decided to do a reinstall of W2K on my server box. What a mistake that was. Nlite strips out numerous files that are needed for W2K thus not allowing the install to go past the loading software/driver stage in text setup. As soon as you start the install it will come up with a can't find tffsport.sys error that the inf file is corupted (Most popular for showing). This is using Nlite Version v1.3.0.4. I rolled back to an earlier version 1.0 beta 5 and used the same last session.ini file from the latest version and ran it through the process it works!!!!! Nuhi what happened???? The latest version so far works great on XP, just having problems with W2K. The only way that I can get the latest Nlite to work with W2K is to use the unattend function only for inserting the serial, user info, etc, etc. I spent last night going through each module of Nlite selecting what I didn't need and making a iso with that particular build with all types of strange results of not installing. There is something really buggy about Nlite v1.3.0.4 and W2K. Attached is my last session.

Thanks

jd

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks BuBos18. Tried that and then came up with another error, and another and another. Finally I reinstalled the last version I used successfully with W2K and worked like a charm. Been a few other threads around here with the latest version not working too well with W2K.

jd