WinPE 2.0 simple Ghost Menu HTA

keythom

Thanks to those that attempted to help with my issues.

Went back into the HTA and through trial and error located the problems - lots of confusion between " and Chr(34) and ' placement that just kept breaking things.

As of right now, it appears to be working correctly. I changed the layout a bit - put the list of images on the right side where the HTML details were, because in our setup we have lots of clients with lots of images and I needed the room.

On the HTML "details" side of things, I have a small section above the "tools" buttons to show those details - we only use a line or two (if we use them at all) - so that works out fine for us.

Someone here at work asked for a keyboard shortcut for each 'client' button - as nice as that would be, I think we could run out of letters and numbers before we ran out of client buttons.

The only other issue I have - and it's no fault of the script - is when the actual GHO image file name or the directory name contains 'odd' characters in them - like parentheses and apostrophes. That's more a training issue here - get folks to keep the images directories simple and put the notes and things in the HTML details file instead.

Kudos again for a fine piece of work. :D

What is the quickest way to change the Title text to another color than Black?

IE "Build and Recovery Center"

Also, how tough would it be to create a button which will kick-off a specific session, such as:

"X:\Program Files\Ghost\Ghost32.exe" -clone,mode=restore,src=@mcHP,dst=1,SZE1=20471M,SZEL -sure -RB

I'm trying to migrate my existing Ghost configuration into this GUI without changing a lot behind the scenes.

Thanks!

-=Woody=-

Please ignore this post, I cant seem to delete it.

I found my problem, I was missing the Scripting in my winpe. I had HTA and XML, but was missing Scripting.

Ken.

I am having a bit of trouble that I hope someone can help straighten out.

I have manage to load the wizard.hta with winpe, but when I do, all I see are the buttons and no text. Also the buttons do not function.

when I load this on my computer, everything works properly.

I have verified the correct directory paths. actually I just made my share z: to match the script.

I am using winpe 2.0 (Vista) I was wondering if there are any special permissions that need to be set somewhere. I am logging in to the share as administrator.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ken.

Edited by KenKightly

Ok, now I have a real question.

I need to create the links for the images with the share path, but that path doesnt exist on my server, so when I try to create a link with z:\dell\dell.gho for instance, it compains that it doesnt exist.

Do I need to create a share somewhere from my server, and map it as Z: to create these?

Any advice would be apreciated.

Thanks

Ken

BTW, this is an awsome script.

I have been trying to get that one working for most of the morning, and without any luck. Myself and a few other individuals were having problems with a certain activex control. That's why I was wondering if there was going to be a version of this for ImageX :)

I was wondering if someone could give me a hand.

I am trying to modify this script to include running ghwalk32.exe /AV=All /sure after the imaging is complete.

I am a total noob to vbscript, so everything I have tried fails.

If someone can give me a little assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ken.

good article!

but i consider don't need many images like this, i only created one image to restore 98% computer(IBM WS AND DELL LAPTOP). spare 2% use unattended mode, because these 2% use image would be "blue screen".

HTA! Learning.....

Thanks for u sharing.

I am trying to modify this script to include running ghwalk32.exe /AV=All /sure after the imaging is complete.

Thanks

Ken.

My initial guess (because I've not tried it) is to create a CMD script file that launches Ghost32 with the image info and switches and then runs GhWalk32 afterwards - but then that would happen on EVERY image (which might be what you want.)

I added a "tool" button at the bottom for running GhWalk32 manually.

Thanks

Ken.

My initial guess (because I've not tried it) is to create a CMD script file that launches Ghost32 with the image info and switches and then runs GhWalk32 afterwards - but then that would happen on EVERY image (which might be what you want.)

I added a "tool" button at the bottom for running GhWalk32 manually.

The tool button would be fine with me, Could you share your syntax? I keep trying, but Im messing something up and cant get it to run.

Thanks

Ken.