Vista unattended Guide

OK, first off, I SUCCEEDED.

If it installs correctly. I hear virtual PC calling now. :rolleyes:

Just needed to bang my head on the desk top a few more times. :blink:

#1-My error seemed to be in one of two areas. I had an .exe file, actually two, in my updates folder (old style hotfixs) for some odd reason.

Removed those.

#2 I had to unmount from PETools and mount within WSIM. WSIM wanted to mount the image before doing the actual answer file. Once WSIM was finished, I remounted in PETools to finish up.

After changing those two items, the ECHO %errorlevel% returned a 0.

I am currently running XP Pro-SP2. Useing the latest Vista WAIK pack. I am not useing the batch files, yet. I only want to add current security updates and patchs to my DVD. Later I would like to add programs such as Java, and a few others.

EDIT: I also had to create a folder named Logs. After that, the log files created successfully in this folder.

Edited by woodswalker

After burning the image twice ( my mistake ) it loaded in Virtual PC fine, maybe even quicker than the original.

The only important updates missing were

kb925902 Security update (now fixed)

kb890830 Malicious Software Removal Tool (exe, need to work on exe files)

kb915597 Windows Defender update (not publicly avaliable)

I am very pleased with the results, Thanks FireGeier, and to the rest of the MSFN folks. :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the map info where my information is when the welcome screen comes,like offer etc etc

i took it from an Acer laptop and changed into the information of my company.

The question:

Can i put the ''info'' map to the Vista unattended cd so when i install, the info map goes directly into oobe?

is it possible or is there a simple other way? :unsure:

many thanks

Thanx for the guide but i got problems.

I'm running Vista and i follow the guide to this page http://firegeier.unattended-sponsor.de/en/...ch_modules.html i run the mount_install_wim.cmd file.

Then i goto http://firegeier.unattended-sponsor.de/en/answer_file_1.html to open the install.wim, but it says it's in use.

So i tries it without running the mount_install_wim.cmd file, i then get

select_image_confirmation_dlg.png

and

generating_clg_file.png

I then get a blue screen dumping memory, i can't get passed this bit... anyone any ideas..?

Hi i'm running Vista ultimate,

i tried the dell version already activated and i tried a normal unactivated vista, i'm trying to create a vista version that installs apps like nero etc., the install.wim is off my windows vista disc.

I'm not sure what the blue scrren says exactly but it dumps the memory. I use the check for solutions when vista reboots but it don't find one..

hehe xp was alot easier to unattend...

Edited by tonycrew

Please click on Start button and than rightclick Computer and choose Properties.

Click on Advanced System Settings and on the Advanced tab click on Settings under Startup and Recovery.

Now disable the checkbox Automatically reboot.

Now you will be able to read the blue screen.

Regards,

Martin

it says.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage.

Disable or uninstall any Antivirus, disk defrag software, check Hard Drive configuration,

Run CHKDSK /f to check hard drive.

Technical

**** Stop Error (Some numbers here)

*** NTFS.SYS (Some numbers here)

Starting memory dump

etc blah dump

Ran CHKDSK and that reported no problems.

Here's what i got when i checked for solutions

Problem caused by Device Driver

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

More information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem report summary

Problem type

Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Solution available?

No.

What does this problem mean?

Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted

Cause

Unknown

Computer symptoms

A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Additional steps for you to take

Please continue to send problem reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rate this response:Provide Feedback

All my Drivers are upto date...?

Edited by tonycrew

I don't wanna bother, but the "some numbers" would be helpfull, too.

NTFS.SYS could mean that it's something with the file system, and I would guess it has something to do with the filter driver used to mount images... but not for sure...

Martin

EDIT:

If you've Antivirus Software installed on your Vista, please disable it and than try again.

Edited by FireGeier

Yeh if i use the mount_install_wim.cmd then browse to the Mount folder it does the same thing and i get the blue screen, i cannot enter the mount folder at all... i will now try with Symantec disabled and i disabled everything that i can.