PC doesn't load BIOS

_sergio_

remove the battery for at least an hour

i think you're confusing something else with BIOS, you don't need to have a hard drive to get into BIOS..all you need is power, video and a keyboard.

the board might be dead, or its just having an issue without the soundcard.

is there a place to connect the monitor on the motherboard itself, or do you need to use a graphics card?

Yes it was this I said.

I will check that but the BIOS would load without hard drive.

There is no Onboard video. I use graphic card and already used two. Both work on another computer and the monitor works too. I inserted the soundcard again and after that another soundcard I have and it is still the same. I removed the battery but only for ten minutes. I will remove it and go to sleep and tomorow I will insert again.

Edited by _sergio_

No beeps or noises

No loose cords

It probably isn't because of the sound card. Sound cards causing a POST failure is unlikely.

If the motherboard itself fails to boot after putting in a sound card, then it probably got damaged, because you weren't careful enough when putting in the sound card. It's probably because you touched something on the motherboard or processor.

• 3 weeks later...
No beeps or noises

No loose cords

It probably isn't because of the sound card. Sound cards causing a POST failure is unlikely.

If the motherboard itself fails to boot after putting in a sound card, then it probably got damaged, because you weren't careful enough when putting in the sound card. It's probably because you touched something on the motherboard or processor.

Whooops :blushing:

I wasn't careful when removing it. I was in a hurry. I didn't thought that it would do that to my mobo :blushing: .

Well... there is nothing I can do now.

When I damaged Athlon 64 and Opteron 146 (from taking off IHS and putting Big Typhoon cooler on naked core), my PC would boot into blank screen. From my experience, if you clear CMOS and PC still boots into black screen, it's your CPU. Other than that, you should be familiar with testing other components.