Vista snipping tool not working.

Kalabaza

The most recent ISO I've made, after install the snipping tool doesn't want to lauch, an error is displayed and the program doesn't start. Windows sugested to restart the machine and try again, but is the same.

Does anyone know which service is needed for the snipping tool to work properly?

TabletPC was needed before but that is split. However it was reported at least twice that it still fails if Tablet removed...but it always works for me, must be version dependant somehow...language...

Kalabaza, is your Vista English? Do you install MUI or something?

I did removed TabletPC support and my vista is english and did't install any language pack (I get an installation error with any the language pack too).

It's a clean install but some things are not working properly.

Just four problems so far.

1- The snipping tool, does not start.

2- Installing MUI language packs gets an error and dont install.

3- Visual Studio 2005, the interface sometimes freeze. I have used it before to make a web project, but now it freezes (I think it's because of the Framework problem).

4- The dreamscene preview, in the window where you select the video, the explorer windows doesn't read the video (when explorer reads the contente of the file it displays a scene of the video instead of the icon).

Need to make some more testing but this are the problems so far.

2 is removed Help component most probably.

3 is too weird to be caused by a removal, it would work or not work.

4 did you test that on the full version, if you have then maybe it's WMP/Codecs removal?

Nuhi: Help was not removed and in the full version a preview was showed.

And about the MUI language have you installed one while testing, maybe theres some more component needed to install them.

Maybe I remove so many things, just make a full clean install and dreamscene shows the preview now, the snipping tool works, etc.

Maybe I am thinking about the wrong solution here (as preventing problems is better than fixing them), but why not put SnippingTool.exe in the "keep files"-list. Has it any file-dependencies that prevent this from working?

Kalabaza, will do, gonna try MUIs and find the dependencies, someone reported Help but you say gotta be something else as well.

Jeronimo, if vLite shows Snipping as removable that means that exe is there, not removed, thing is that something else from the TabletPC is needed. Only problem, as already said, that it works for me. Maybe after MUI or something it won't work, I hope so.

You can call me stupid if you must, but where is the option to keep the Snipping Tool, if there is none, then add me as well. I do not think I will be using it, but currently I have no access to it.