Vista Content Protection , loss in performance ?

extrabigmehdi

Hi,

let's suppose I'm not interested in any way do display hd or blu-ray in my computer,

is that possible to restore all the ressources used by that "vista content protection"

after vliting ?

The most traumatic article I've ever read about vista is this one:

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.html

I'm not a geek to fully understand that article, but what I clearly understand is that vista is taking

a lot of ressources just to protect from piracy stuff, I'm not even interested in.

(Plus gates is very stupid, why using a computer to see movies, better have a dedicated player)

So is there a way to get rid of that protection (with the aim of restoring all the RAM, or CPU cycle mobilised by such protection) even at the price of not being able to see hd/blue-ray content ?

Off course I should at the end be able to regular DVD etc....

The only reason I'm attracted by vista is the funny aero and that stupid chess game.

thanks

I already answered this in some other topic but the summary would be:

if you know which service is it I would gladly remove it, but only in case that then you can't play the protected movies, I'm not interested in cracks.

Remove WMP and codecs and you can't play those movies, but the question is did that remove the hidden services as well...maybe we'll never know, especially if they embedded it in some invisible low-level driver/service.

you mean the bit where you select your build? yes, I'm curious about that - what are the N versions?

EDIT: I'm guessing that's the European version without WMP? But does it have the DRM stuff still?

Edited by zulu9812