Old Pong

Nerwin

There was no pong included in any version of MS DOS (used it since v3.0 and definitely never seen any pong game there). Never seen a pong game in PC-DOS nor DR-DOS either. And I don't think FreeDOS ever had that either.

I've really only seen pong on some really old consoles (can't remember what it was for sure, it's only been like 25+ years since then). I'm sure there's ports of it and various "imitations" of it too. I would bet there's a ROM for MAME too (too lazy to even fire it up) -- that would be as authentic as it gets.

Edit: It's all your fault! I'm starting to miss some old TRS-80 games now (downland, quix, radio ball, zaxxon, pooyan, thexder, ...) Too bad I've never really found an emulator for it (much less along with the ROMs and games).

Edited by crahak

Edit: It's all your fault! I'm starting to miss some old TRS-80 games now (downland, quix, radio ball, zaxxon, pooyan, thexder, ...) Too bad I've never really found an emulator for it (much less along with the ROMs and games).

Most of those are running on other machines too, I for example had a MSX (the MS stands for MicroSoft ;)) and there are a few emulators too. I loved Zaxxon (Shoot-em-up) an Thexder (that transformer :P).