SP2 and no Microsoft Updates?

This may be a stupid question, but has anyone noticed that things like IE7 and WMP11 no longer show up in Microsoft Update or Windows Update if you load a fresh install of x64 with SP2 slipstreamed (using nLite)? I know that IE7 and WMP11 aren't included in SP2, so I'm surprised that they no longer show up as updates. In fact, the only updates that do show up are a Flash Player hotfix, .NET 2.0, and .NET 3.0. Does anyone have any ideas on what's up with that?

And yes, I do know that I could just add IE7 and WMP11 to my install CD, but I'm more concerned about future updates and hotfixes failing to show up in Microsoft Update.

Well, not sure about IE7 or WMP, but since there have been no security updates released for x64 since SP2 was released, this at least (again, minus IE7 and WMP) seems like expected behavior.

Well, I guess I'll just keep an eye on it to see if updates show up in the future. I just find it strange that IE7 and WMP11 (and who knows what else?) aren't showing up. Maybe I should try a manual slipstream of SP2 rather than using nLite?

• 2 weeks later...
Actually I got so many problem for IE7, wish I can go back...

Go back To Internet Explorer 6

Un-install Internet explorer 7.0 first, then install this set-up, you should go back to internet explorer 6, then never again hit the update

http://rapidshare.com/files/24941395/ie6setup.exe

I had problems with seven also, I'm glad that I save files to disk before installing, I have a back up copy to run incase of a problem

• 3 weeks later...