window vista software compatibility problems

Dazzer29

hi all

is there someone who can help me with a couple of small problems to an expert.

since upgrading from windows xp to vista ultimate i now have 2 error messages come up.

the first says WINDOWS EXPLORER IS NOT RESPONDING and the 2nd is IBIS CONT MFC APPLICATION IS NOT RESPONDING

has anyone come across these problems before or can help me to sort them out as many of my other programs are now starting to freeze up.

Many thanks for your help in dealing with this matter of urgency :hello:

• 1 month later...

hi all

is there someone who can help me with a couple of small problems to an expert.

since upgrading from windows xp to vista ultimate i now have 2 error messages come up.

the first says WINDOWS EXPLORER IS NOT RESPONDING and the 2nd is IBIS CONT MFC APPLICATION IS NOT RESPONDING

has anyone come across these problems before or can help me to sort them out as many of my other programs are now starting to freeze up.

Many thanks for your help in dealing with this matter of urgency :hello:

Windows Explorer not responding means exactly that - Explorer is hung or hanging. Typical reasons are any add-ins to Explorer (add-ins being lots of things, but a quick place to start is anything related to the objects on the menu when you right-click a file in Explorer). Can you reproduce this problem at will?

The second bit would be worth googling a bit to see what else might be related to it.

I usually get something similar, Where I leave my computer on overnight, and I get About-56 Error messages to close explorer. This only happens when My computer is idle though.

Does that happen when you're booted in safe mode and leave it overnight?