Vista Glass Buttons

machkris

Hi Neo, yes I know I can do that. However, I want to make these changes in the files in the Windows XP CD so that these are installed by default. Also, I really do not prefer using a third party application for this purpose. Is there any way we can change anything in msstyles files to replect this? Let me know.

In order to have them installed with xp you have to put them inside $OEM$/$$/Resources/Themes folder.

Of course you will need uxtheme.dll to be patched.

After that, make a .theme file with all the vista icons, cursors, etc you need applied and save it to the same folder.

Then you can have all of it at first boot by adding these lines to your winnt.sif

[Shell]
CustomDefaultThemeFile="%windir%\Resources\Themes\vista.theme"

Is is possible to edit the msstyle file I posted and insert the buttons on that? I use that msstyle only. I tried it once with one button and it did work. But I do not know where to change what and also do not have the proper images. Can you help me figure this out? I am sure we can do this.

Is is possible to edit the msstyle file I posted and insert the buttons on that? I use that msstyle only. I tried it once with one button and it did work. But I do not know where to change what and also do not have the proper images. Can you help me figure this out? I am sure we can do this.

Anyone????