Image Failing

Well I would never trust babelfish translations. The results are useually more funy than helpful but may better than my english.

I will try to translate this HowTo back to English but can take a few days.

Regards,

Martin

That would be cool thx Martin.

Well I would never trust babelfish translations. The results are useually more funy than helpful but may better than my english.

I will try to translate this HowTo back to English but can take a few days.

Regards,

Martin

All very interesting & look forward to that, thanks. :thumbup

i get this when i use VistaUA >> VISTA UNATTENDED DVD XML CREATOR AND APPLICATION INSTALLER from maxxpsoft

Now I just wonder how many reported this to me sp00f? 0, none, nein, zilch

Currently the Full version don't use that same method but instead uses the FireGeier method right now with a little twist. I no longer get that issue but I was not getting it with the light version either when I put the correct Hard drive letter in it. Its up to you to get the drive letter right. I tested it just recently.

%Configsetroot% sucks, copies the whole dvd down to HD. Yes it works. But so does FireGeier method.

And, We are here to find better methods by sharing knowledge.

Inject drivers into install.wim

I had already done that about a month ago and forget what I didn't like about it. I'll have to look again

Edited by maxXPsoft

Inject drivers into install.wim

I had already done that about a month ago and forget what I didn't like about it. I'll have to look again

maxXP the injetion method has some disadvantages:

First of all if you have a lot of drivers all drivers will be injected into the "final" Installation. So it's wasting space. But all driver methods injecting all drivers fromt the drivers folder.

It can cause problems if you inject drivers into an image where you were injeceting drivers before.

May be there are some more problems.

I've written that HowTo (German version) month ago, cause this was the first method I got working. It's not the best, but it's an alternate method and you can come around driver signing prompts.

For the moment I'm working on a method, where I use my %DriversRoot% method but which figures out the drivers GUID before installing the drivers. So not all drivers from drivers folder on removable media will be installed.

BTW, it realy sucks, that MS gives you different methods to inject drivers and at least all methods will copy all drivers from your drivers location to the Vista driver store. It seems not to do that, if you use BDD and a database of systems, but that's not what we need for privat use, where we may want to let run our unattend on every system.

Regards,

Martin

I also tried this integrator , posted here :

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=94913

Still no go

SpOOf, you say nuthin works for you but you fail to say why??? or post your methods??? or ans files etc??? :wacko:

Button pushin progs are only helpful if you know what they do & a basic understanding on how to manually do the task.

Martins example above does in fact work & will produce the log file to prove it...

Vista pnp drivers however are another story, manufacturers ware will tell you they work fine with Vista etc. However I know better than to believe them. Not all of them mind you.

.....Statements like, "Still no go", "It doesn't work", do not help us or you to sort your problem.......

Edited by MAVERICKS CHOICE

I manually done that myself a month ago when I was looking for alternative to configsetroot. Found it on Technet

With my program when I inject them with the driversroot it only allows once right now. If you want to start over them its back to copy source again which don't take long. I did find and I warn people do not inject something Vista has a later version cause it will crash. My first BSOD in Vista I used Driver Genius Pro and saved them all. You basically must install Vista once without any drivers so you know what it will be missing if you doing this for 1 PC of your own. It can be done also if you going to make 2 or 100 of same model.

Yes, all the tools was designed for Buisness or Dell/HP and not the single installer out here. Perhaps what we need is comprehensive list of all driver versions from a Vista image but right now I don't have time to do that. Gives me an idea though.

You say nuthin works for you but you fail to say why??? or post your methods??? or ans files etc??? wacko.gif

Button pushin progs are only helpful if you know what they do & a basic understanding on how to manually do the task.

Right on MC, my sentiments exactly. :lol: Edited by maxXPsoft

I also tried this integrator , posted here :

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=94913

Still no go

Look SpOOf

You say nuthin works for you but you fail to say why??? or post your methods??? or ans files etc??? :wacko:

Martins method above does in fact work & will produce the log file to prove it...

Vista pnp drivers however are another story, manufacturers ware will tell you they work fine with Vista etc. However I know better than to believe them. Not all of them mind you.

.....Statements like, "Still no go", "It doesn't work", do not help us or you to sort your problem.......

what i use is a clean Vista RTM version Dutch.

And did exactly what it says, and tested the iso's in Vmware.

The Autounattend.xml works fine.

The Hotfix integration works fine.

But the drivers will not work, and so isnt maxxpsoft's tool.

Maybe its cause i dont have a English Vista.

Edited by Incroyable HULK

Martins method above does in fact work & will produce the log file to prove it...

Hello MC! :hello:

Thanks for the honour! But the driver injection method is not my method! :no: It's described in WAIK help. The only thing I did is, that I've made these instructions more detailed and with some pictures. That's enough work... but it's not my method.

My method is described in thread here. :yes:

;)

Thanks & regards,

Martin

But the drivers will not work, and so isnt maxxpsoft's tool.

Maybe its cause i dont have a English Vista.

shouldn't matter and drivers are a little harder. Takes some work on your part to figure out whats going wrong. Might open the infs and take a look. Edited by maxXPsoft

Hello MC! :hello:

Thanks for the honour! But the driver injection method is not my method! :no: It's described in WAIK help. The only thing I did is, that I've made these instructions more detailed and with some pictures. That's enough work... but it's not my method.

My method is described in thread here. :yes:

;)

Thanks & regards,

Martin

@ FireGeier

Maybe I should have said " example" instead. :blushing: