Move / Copy Dialog

machkris

Ya, I want something like this :thumbup . But I do not want o use an application :whistle: . Is it possible for me to edit a file in Windows that will show these details with out me installing a 3rd party software?

I need to know which file to edit for this purpose and what I need to do. Please help me.

I have been to that link but it does not tell you how XP can allow you to show the "Transfer Speed" and "Size of File" you are transferring :unsure: . Also, most of those you would need to do in a already installed Windows XP system :wacko: . I would like to slipstream these in to the CD so that these are installed in my system right from the start. Anyone knows how I can do that?

I figured that Vista is probably using some extra coding to show those two additional information when you are coping or moving any files and it is useful. So if anyone can figure it out, please please please let me know.

I have managed to make the progress bar look exactly like Vista. I have attached the msstyle file here for you. Use it and let me know if you like it.Midnight_Black___MC.rar

Progress Dialog Box

Open with Reshacker Shell32.dll and add a new resourc and location the BITMAP file

and give name 701 and language ID is 1033 OR as Ur Windows Language version.

701.bmp

Navigate to : Dialog -> 1020 -> 1033

1020 DIALOGEX 20, 20, 250, 106
STYLE DS_FIXEDSYS | DS_MODALFRAME | DS_NOIDLEMSG | DS_CENTER | WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU
EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW
CAPTION ""
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
FONT 8, "MS SHELL DLG"
{
CONTROL 701, -1, STATIC, SS_BITMAP | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 0, 81, 267, 25
CONTROL "", 106, "SysAnimate32", ACS_TRANSPARENT | ACS_AUTOPLAY | ACS_TIMER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 10, 0, 250, 25
CONTROL "", 103, STATIC, SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 10, 33, 230, 10
CONTROL "", 105, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 10, 46, 230, 10
CONTROL "", 104, "msctls_progress32", WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 10, 60, 230, 10
CONTROL "Cancel", 2, BUTTON, BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 190, 86, 50, 14
CONTROL "", 106, STATIC, SS_GRAYFRAME | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 0, 80, 250, 1
}

ProgressDialogBox.jpg

Compile the script and save.

============================================================

I have checked Ur Msstyle theme. If U want to change the Progress Bar animation

U should navigate Ur theme using ResHacker to

BITMAP -> ROYALE_PROGRESSCHUNKVERT_BMP and

BITMAP -> ROYALE_PROGRESSCHUNK_BMP

Replace the BMPs of these.

============================================================

Edited by neo

Thanks again Neo. I have not tried this out, but will it add the "Speed" and "Items Remaining" stings? I just want to be sure before I make any changes in this one... Please let me know... Thanks :)

By the way, did you like the msstyles theme I posted? Is there some more enhancements we can possibly do to make it look even more Vista like?

Hmm... well, there should be some way around it. Are these scripts in the shell32.dll file? Or which file has these? Maybe if we insert the scripts... it could work. Right? I am always open to experimentation so let me know :)