Dreaded framedyn.dll errors on bare XP SP2 unattended install

fragbert

hi underxp! after my numerous tries, it always usually boils down to some misses in addons (which even affects installation of ie7 & wmp11) ... you might want to try to take them all out & recreate your iso ... specifically for ie7 - there must not be an ie6 HF present ... btw, have you already tested via VMWare your HFSLIP iso? ... again, it's usually some addons that could break an install ;)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Hi Kiki !!! Yes, I already tested via VMWare my HFSLIP iso and is perfect, Windows install OK, IE7 and WMP11 run flawless (KB928090 is the unique patch reported from WU, but i think thas this is a problem with HFslip because this fix is already in HF). I before checked and deleted ALL IE6 patches from HF. The problem is when NLite apply the AddOns, iexplore.exe is deleted from installation media and the "framedyn.dll" and "srclient.dll" problems shows. WMP11 run fine, but Windows XP show a lot of errors. I think that the problem are not the AddOns, I'll try to apply one by one with NLite in order to discard this.

PS: Although Nlite integrate all AddOns without errors, none of them are installed with Windows XP (tested in VMWare only)

Edited by underxp

RyanVM has nothing to do with my problem, as I clearly stated the issue manifests when using original VLK XP media if I manually integrate SP2 beforehand vs using Nlite to integrate the service pack. What fixes the issue is to select the options tab but dont actually change anything and Nlite will go through a "processing files" stage. No clue on what it is actually processing but that prevents the .dll errors if I chose to utilize any tweaks.

Just to add to this further it is beginning to look like a problem with compatibility with nLite and Ryans update pack. Each works perfectly OK on its own but the issue comes when using Signet's Integrator and nLite, but only since the new pack came out - never had an issue with the March update pack or any before that.

I normally use the Integrator to add the latest update pack then nLite the resulting folder to reduce its size and apply a load of tweaks - the same basic setup I have used for over a year. Then I add any other addons that I need using the Integrator again before making the ISO with nLite when I am finished.

If I just add the update pack with the integrator and just run nLite with no additonal addons it works. Add even a single addon and the install breaks - even with addons that I have used for a long time so know that they are fine.

As a final check I just finished running the whole lot in nLite alone with no integrator involved and got the same failure - so the only common factor is the new update pack.

Going to try dropping back to the March pack and try it again and if the errors go away it sort of proves where the problem then lays.

RyanVM has nothing to do with my problem, as I clearly stated the issue manifests when using original VLK XP media if I manually integrate SP2 beforehand vs using Nlite to integrate the service pack. What fixes the issue is to select the options tab but dont actually change anything and Nlite will go through a "processing files" stage. No clue on what it is actually processing but that prevents the .dll errors if I chose to utilize any tweaks.

I am aware of how you get this issue, the point I was making is that I am getting exactly the same errors without doing anything to SP2, manually or otherwise because my media has SP2 already in it.

Anyway, after dropping back to the earlier edition of Ryans pack I still get this error so it is not the pack itself and must be an addon that I am using. My tweaks section is identical to the earlier working ones. In fact my whole nLite section is identical to eariler, successful builds so I am more puzzled now than ever. :wacko:

I am aware of how you get this issue, the point I was making is that I am getting exactly the same errors without doing anything to SP2, manually or otherwise because my media has SP2 already in it.

Anyway, after dropping back to the earlier edition of Ryans pack I still get this error so it is not the pack itself and must be an addon that I am using. My tweaks section is identical to the earlier working ones. In fact my whole nLite section is identical to eariler, successful builds so I am more puzzled now than ever. :wacko:

Maybe it's the current version of nLite we are using? Try not using any addons whatsoever and just use your tweaks. If that gets the error, see if you can revert back to an earlier version of nlite.

It's not nLite - as I mentioned in an earlier thread. I have no identified the addon that is responsible for breaking all my installs.

I did try using nLite on its own and it worked perfectly. I tried integrating Ryans latest pack with the Integrator then using nLite with my tried and tested configuration and it works perfectly. It was only when I started using addons that I got the issues and after hours and hours of testing I am fairly certain that it is Kels Uber addon pack V9.9 that is breaking it. If I leave it out everything works fine, soon as I add it the install goes all screwy.

I know it is nothing to do with your original problem but anyone seaching for this error message will find this reply which may now help them. Good luck with your issue.

Nice to see some increased activity in this thread.

I would just like to point out once more that all I am doing is adding hotfixes through nLite. No addons, no other update packs like Ryan's, etc. So I have a hard time seeing that this could be a compatibility issue.

If I don't use any addons everything works perfectly. As soon as I start using addons it fails so I set about trial and error to find the cause and have carried out over 50 tests last week, each taking around two and a half hours so I have spent a lot of time on this. I use a number of tried and tested packs as routine and this is one of them which hasn't caused a problem before so I jsut kept adding it and kept getting problems.

Then I took a step back and just added any packs that had been updated or were new since the 2.1.8 build that worked and it failed. So then I took out the ones I had used previously and just put brand new ones in and it worked. This suggests it is an updated pack.

I then try again using packs that I have tried before with success but have been updated and use 3 packs

Kels Uber pack version 9.9

Kels runtimes pack 2.51 (I had been using 2.3)

and

Kels Vista drive indicator v1.8 (been using 1.6 previously)

I get the error - so it suggests that one of the above is causing it.

I drop back to version 9.7 of the Uber Pack having noticed that someone else mentioned a problem with 9.9 in nLite and everything works perfectly.

I try using nLite to do everything (including the 9.9 pack) and get the error.

I am only reporting an issue I am getting in the same way I have reported other problems. An example is the Luna Royale pack that caused issues made by Ricktendo. Loads of downloads and nobody had reported a single issue with it until I posted, then others reported the same issue and Ricktendo himself replies to say he was grateful cos he couldn't track down which of the addons was breaking his install!

Based on the above I felt it necessary to mention what I thought was causing the problem in my case, that way everyone benefits. It is not a dig at anyone - it is the result of a huge amount of testing which has taken over 100 hours of my own time.

In a similar way I am testing the new office integrator with Signet, which had issues preventing it working in the first releases - but people responded saying it worked perfectly for them!!

OK i tested just the 3 oddons that i directly downloaded from the server just like you would have gotten them. I used only these addons on a clean XP SP2 source with nlite.

session.ini file:

[Main]
Env = 1.3 - 2.0.50727.42.Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Target = Windows XP Professional SP:2 - 5.1.2600.2180 - English (United States)

[Tasks]
Hotfixes and Update Packs
Create a Bootable ISO

[Components]
;# Compatibility #

[KeepFiles]
msconfig.exe

[RemoveFiles]
clock.avi
yahoo.bmp
swtchbrd.bmp

[Options]
ProfilesDir = "%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings"
TargetPath = "WINDOWS"
temp_dir = %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp

[Patches]

[Services2]

[Tweaks]

[Unattended]
ComputerType = Default
MaximumDataStorePercentOfDisk = 12
RestorePointLife = 30
DesktopTheme = Default||
AutoUDay = 5
AutoUHour = 15
ProgFilesPath = "\Program Files"

[NetAdapter1]
connname = ""
macaddress = ""
ipaddress = "192.168.0.1"
subnetmask = "255.255.255.0"
defaultgateway = ""
dnsserver1 = ""
dnsserver2 = ""
winsserver = ""
netbiossetting = "0"
ipxnetworknumber = "00000000"
ipxnetworkframetype = "0xFF"

[GuiRunOnce]

[Drivers]

[Hotfixes]
C:\Documents and Settings\Kelsenellenelvian\Desktop\Kels_Runtimes_addon_v2.6.CAB
C:\Documents and Settings\Kelsenellenelvian\Desktop\Kels_Uber_Addon_v9.9.CAB
C:\Documents and Settings\Kelsenellenelvian\Desktop\Kels_VistaDriveIndicator_addon_v1.8.CAB

Note the only difference is the runtimes 2.6 addon (I have no access to the older one.

Source pic:

th_46568_Untitled_1_122_510lo.jpg

Only things missing are the lang and 9x upgrade folders...

Final product:

th_46580_untitled_122_521lo.JPG

Immediatly after boot no tweaks or mods done. No framedyn.dll error.

setuperr.log:

Error:
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\calc.exe] is not signed properly
by Microsoft. This file could not be restored to the correct Microsoft version.
Use the SFC utility to verify the integrity of the file.

Error:
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\makecab.exe] is not signed properly

Error:
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\usp10.dll] is not signed properly

These 3 errors are fully expected.

A couple of very rare users have experienced funny issues with the earlier runtimes packs.

(It was found to be the microsoft manifest file. But was fixed before 2.5.1)

What is the lang of windows you are using?

Pro or Home?

Post your session file for me to look at and your setuperr.log.

Hi Kel - I'm back home tonight and will reproduce the errror and post the info you have asked for.

I'm using XP Pro with English UK as the language.

Is there anything else you need to see besides the setuperr log and my session.ini file?

I am using Signet's Integrator to integrate Ryans 2.1.9 update pack and the three addons that I mentioned - then I run nLite and use nLite to make the final ISO. Is there anything from the Integrator log that you need?

OK - just had the same error again. Attached are two screengrabs from VMWare, first is of the first error, clicking on OK then gives the second error message.

Config file from nLite also attached.

Having problems getting the setuperr log out of VM Ware - will have another go tomorrow, it is now coming up to ¼ to 2 in the morning.

LAST_SESSION.INI

post-119057-1177288858_thumb.jpg

post-119057-1177288870_thumb.jpg